Pennsylvania Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: liftnw8z

Flight 93 Memorial

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 07:50 AM
soondg
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flight 93 Memorial

There is a fellow from another site of a Pennsylvania ford truck chapter organizing a GTG at the site of the Flight 93 Memorial. So far he has recieved a good response for attendence. It will be on Sept. 9th (Saturday) and our chapter has been invited to attend and honor those who took action during a crisis at a substatial cost to themselves. There will be a GTG afterwards at one of the local watering holes. This will give us a chance to meet some of our own chapter members and others in our state who like their ford trucks. He has requested that we get a head count, so any one who is interested please post up or PM me as soon as possible. Perhaps we can organize regional double ups to help defray the cost of fuel and tolls.

Old 08-25-2006, 11:14 AM
04F250PSD
Junior User
Would like to come to that one, but will be in KC then. Maybe next time. You guys have a good time. That is a nice part of the country.

Old 08-26-2006, 11:33 AM
Pacerguyel2
Junior User
You can count me in. Just give me details of what time and how to get there/where we are meeting. Come on pa'ers lets get some good involvement here some other truck clubs have excellent attendance at events and outings so why cant we?? Lets show them how good our club is!!!!

Old 08-26-2006, 03:25 PM
weeds
Senior User
Yeah, if I can get some more info on where/when it is, then I can give you a definite answer. I have to work Saturday nights, but maybe I can stop in & make an appearance.

Old 08-26-2006, 07:31 PM
soondg
Postmaster
I'll be giving the guy a call who is organizing it and then post all of the pertinent info.

Hope you can make it Weeds.

Pacer, left you my number on your voice mail.

Anyone else from our chapter think they may be able to make it? If we can round up members from your area we can try the double, triple or whatever up, depending on how big your truck is to defray the cost of travel. Get to meet some members on the cheap.

Old 08-26-2006, 08:46 PM
1980f150
New User
once u get all the details ill be able to answer if i can make it ......

Old 08-26-2006, 09:03 PM
73f100shortbed
Postmaster
I'm not in PA Chapter nor do I live in PA but I'd be interested in possibly going.

Old 08-27-2006, 01:11 AM
78workhorse
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Pa'ers I'm working Sept. 9 (of coarse) but just wanted to say I was over in Somerset last month @ the memorial. I took a day of my vacation & took a road trip w/ the wife & kid. It's a beautiful place, kinda gives you the chills when you're actually standing there. Don't forget the Queu Creek mine rescue site isn't that far away. 10 -12 miles somthing like that. check that out while your all there. I think theres some good spots for a GTG in between. Don't forget the camera either.

Old 08-30-2006, 09:56 AM
soondg
Postmaster
I will be going up for the weekend. Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The plan is to meet at one of the hotels around two or at the memorial about three. You can Google Flight 93 Memorial and it will lead you to the Parks site with directions on how to get there. If you want you can call me on my cell to arrange how we can meet up and recognize one another. 267-303-9293. Really hope we can have a great turnout.

Old 08-30-2006, 10:34 AM
weeds
Senior User
Sorry guys, I'm not gonna be able to make it. I gotta work at 5, & it's a 2-hr drive.
soondg, since you're staying there friday night, I might be able to meet up with you in the morning sometime if you're up for it.

Old 08-30-2006, 10:51 AM
soondg
Postmaster
I'll be stopping by my mothers house in Johnstown, how far from you is that?

Old 08-30-2006, 04:11 PM
weeds
Senior User
Mapquest give Johnstown at about 1-1/2 hrs. Could probably make it in a little over an hour.

Old 09-02-2006, 04:53 PM
soondg
Postmaster
If you can make it over Weeds it will be good to meet you. Are any members going to be coming up, or down, depending on your location? I will be staying at the Holiday Inn in Johnstown, checking in later Friday night. If anyone else plans on coming let me know, I may be able to get another room at the employee rate. It would be nice to show how our chapter is growing. The law enforcement officers from Phila. are doing a motorcycle run up to the site( no relation to our GTG) the same day. Any of our members in law enforcement or corrections could come and meet up with the city's finest. Maybe I'll PM everybody to let them know about it, just in case they haven't read the posts. My cell is listed in the previous post, give me a call.

Old 09-05-2006, 04:12 AM
soondg
Postmaster
Guess I'll be going by myself. I was hoping other members of the chapter, especially from that part of the state would show. As stated above I'll be heading up Friday, if anyone is coming let me know so we can hook up.

Old 09-07-2006, 10:20 AM
HUCKSTER-USA
Senior User
still up in the air for me an the ol lady coming, have your number will call let you kno fer shur, gotta go to chicago drp some cars go to detroit reload then to cleveland will be home around 3 sat. morning. will be on the "i'm freakn tired" side prob have the lil lady drive her sport trac up. EVERYBODY!!! got yer attention? think of the problems your goin through right now...lifes a b*tch huh! look at the prob flight 93 had, you prob aint so big now huh... lets go eat, drink, shake hands and say thanks!! as for me i gotta start hookn gears so i can make it

Quick Reply: Flight 93 Memorial