Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Ranger & B-Series
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series modelsSPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-23-2006, 01:26 PM
Junior User

ValkyrieVixen is starting off with a positive reputation.
ABS Codes

I'm sure this must be on here somewhere but none of the links I looked at had the codes I got:
C1230 Rear Speed Sensor Circuit Fault
C1102 Acceleration Switch Circuit Fault

Now that I have them I'm not sure what to do next...

Thanx for any help you can offer.
'07 Kawasaki Ninja 1400 Sapphire Blue
Yes, I'm a Girl who like Trucks!
Old 06-26-2010, 10:47 PM
New User

jojo090e is starting off with a positive reputation.
Same question

I have the same question. I know this is an old thread, but maybe by me responding, i'll get some attention to this question. I took my car in to read the ABS codes and they came back with a C1155 and a C 1102. Sounds from what i've learned about the C1155 code, all you have to do is replace it. Maybe the same deal with the C1102?

Is there any reason these codes may be going off? Any other potential problems or fixes i need to make other than simply replacing them? Also, if anyone has any information about where to find these sensors, how much they cost and how to change them, i would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!
Old 06-26-2010, 10:56 PM
Junior User

ValkyrieVixen is starting off with a positive reputation.
I don't remember how I found out but I just had to replace the sensor over the rear "pumpkin".
'07 Kawasaki Ninja 1400 Sapphire Blue
Yes, I'm a Girl who like Trucks!
Old 06-27-2010, 10:52 AM

pawpaw is a splendid one to beholdpawpaw is a splendid one to beholdpawpaw is a splendid one to beholdpawpaw is a splendid one to beholdpawpaw is a splendid one to beholdpawpaw is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo090e View Post
I have the same question. I know this is an old thread, but maybe by me responding, i'll get some attention to this question. I took my car in to read the ABS codes and they came back with a C1155 and a C 1102. Sounds from what i've learned about the C1155 code, all you have to do is replace it. Maybe the same deal with the C1102?

Is there any reason these codes may be going off? Any other potential problems or fixes i need to make other than simply replacing them? Also, if anyone has any information about where to find these sensors, how much they cost and how to change them, i would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!
On the C-1155, it's a left front wheel ABS speed sensor circuit failure code.

Could be a number of things, like corroded or damaged electrical connector pins/sockets, damaged wiring, bad sensor, or maybe the sensor or tone ring are fouled with debris, or rust.

Put it right & see what happens with the C-1102 code, for the ABS acceleration switch circuit failure. I believe it's mounted on the drivers side frame rail, back below where the divers seat is, close to the fuel filter. Check it's wiring & electrical connector pins/sockets for corrosion, ect, or it could be a faulty sensor.

Did this problem come about after some event, like an off road session, or driving on the beach in salt water, ect?????

Details are trifles but trifles make perfection & perfection is no trifle
(Ben Franklin)

Our signature is a sign of a job completed, autograph your work with excellence
Old 06-27-2010, 02:15 PM
New User

No, it didn't come from anything in particular. I have mostly been commuting every day on the highway about 45 mins each way. I have noticed some issues with the breaks as of late but it seems that the codes are not related to the problems, which seem mechanical...
Old 06-27-2010, 02:17 PM
New User

What is the rear "pumpkin?" Where did you get the sensor, how much was it and was it difficult to replace?
Old 06-27-2010, 02:17 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Ranger & B-Series

Tags
2003, 2006, 99, abs, acceleration, c1102, c1155, c1230, code, codes, escape, f250, fault, ford, ranger, switch