Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-16-2006, 10:58 PM
Junior User

roadbike21 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Water Heater Question!?!?! PLEASE HELP!!

I am going tomorrow to buy one of two hot water heaters. Here is my dilemma though. I do not know which one will be better for what I am wanting to do. I am wanting to just to a homebrewery with me and a friend. We will have three trucks running off this stuff. I have the choice to buy either a RHEEM 80 gallon hot water heater for $60, or a RHEEM 50 gallon hot water heater for $50. The question I have is whether the 80 gallon is too big? Will I still be able to use just one 110v element like the forums say to do or is there a modification I can make to this one to make it work and be able to produce that much more bio-diesel. I just need all of yalls suggestions on what you think would be best for me to do. Thanks in advance, yall are GREAT.
Old 08-17-2006, 05:20 AM
Senior User

phatbulldog is starting off with a positive reputation.
I 50 gal will let you do maybe 35 wvo because you'll need 7.7 gals of methanol. (I have a 55 and to be safe I only add 35 gals of wvo) The 80 gal maybe 60 gals of wvo / 13 gals of methanol. I still use the 110v element and it heats it up just fine.
1997 f-250 cc 4x4. 37" toyo muds on 22's. Beans Stage 2 injectors. Ranch Hand front & rear bumpers and tool box. Tymar intake, TS 6 position chip, HPX and 5" stacks 17* HPOP. Head Studs. 7.3 Intercooler. Big Beans turbo. Rebuilt motor 1/18/2007

http://community.webshots.com/user/Phatbulldog
Old 08-17-2006, 08:08 AM
Junior User

roadbike21 is starting off with a positive reputation.
The process uses that much methanol. I did not figure 60 gallons would need 13 gallons of methanol. I was also if anyone had any tips on fabricating this 80 gallon tank. Will it take much work to get it to work for me or can i just get it put 60 gallons of bio in it and start processing?? Thanks for the help.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:26 AM
Senior User

phatbulldog is starting off with a positive reputation.
You need to read, go to biodieselcommunity.com or my favorite is http://biodiesel.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=cfrm&s=447609751 Read Read Read. Methanol is 20-22% of you WVO and you'll have to do a titration test to figure out how much Lye or KOH to apply. But read first. Girl Marks's book is very helpful. She explains how to make it, build it.. everything. Then go to that infopop site and learn how to tweak the process (Prewash, etc)
1997 f-250 cc 4x4. 37" toyo muds on 22's. Beans Stage 2 injectors. Ranch Hand front & rear bumpers and tool box. Tymar intake, TS 6 position chip, HPX and 5" stacks 17* HPOP. Head Studs. 7.3 Intercooler. Big Beans turbo. Rebuilt motor 1/18/2007

http://community.webshots.com/user/Phatbulldog
Old 08-17-2006, 08:26 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels