Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Multi State GTG

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 04:57 PM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Looks like we'll have this at or near Siloam Springs, AR. I make some calls tomorrow and drive down there wednesday.

Old 09-20-2006, 06:15 AM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
Called Siloam springs. I was told there is nothing in the north part of the NF. But in the south part there is the Lake Weddington area. It has a pavilion for $50 for the day. A group camp ground $5 a day and $1 perperson. A cabin that sleeps 4 $70 a night.

Siloam Springs has a park. It is first come first serve but we can reserve the pavilion for $10 an hour.

I was also told just west of Siloam Springs (much closer than Lake Weddington) is Dripping Springs, OK. No info on this. I'll get more today when I drive down.

I was also given several restaurants that have rooms we can reserve if we want to have the meet inside. LaHerta, Calahans Steak House, and the City Coffee Company.

Post up what you think and I check in this afternoon. They have a Holiday Inn Express, and Super 8 so I should be able to conect down there.

Old 09-20-2006, 03:59 PM
Jimbare
all alone in the world
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tonti town is just east of siloam, they have a nice large park. [just had a huge car show and swap meet last weekend there].

spingdale is a little farther east of siloam. nice town, not sure what is ther but should be about anything you would need.

dripping springs is about 100 miles west of siloam, near okmulgee ok.
natural falls state park is a little west of siloam. nothing to do but look at the falls and walk the nature trail. recomended for a quick stop only!

Old 09-21-2006, 11:53 AM
White_Knight
Senior User
Talking

"dripping springs is about 100 miles west of siloam, near okmulgee ok."

That's pretty close to where we are, old bean... good to see you
in here again. Hello all you Chapter folks! and felicitations and greetings
to our Illustrious Potentate Traxxis!

white_knight

Old 09-21-2006, 12:03 PM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
Where Natural Falls State Park is, it says Dripping Springs on my Delorme software. About 6.5 miles west of the Arkansas/Oklahoma line. The lady in the COC said it is called by both names. I'm sure there are other Dripping Springs around the state and in other states.

Old 09-22-2006, 02:09 AM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
I think the park will work well for this. It is called Bob Henry Park. It is new and has B-ball, tennis, and volleyball courts. Playground stuff for the youngins. Two parking areas. The pavilion is small and the roof is not large enough to offer much protection in bad weather. I don't think it is worth the $150 deposit and $10 an hour to rent it. If it is not reserved we may get to use it any way as it's first come. You can see it on the Map Quest link below. Best way to get there would be to go north off of Hwy 412 on N. Mt. Olive St. (it is also Hwy 43 and there is a signs on 412 both directions letting you know where it is) to W. Benton St. then west to the park. You would go through several trafic lights to a 4 way stop sign. A few blocks north of the 4 way is W. Benton St.

Calahans Steak House is a great place to eat. They have fresh loafs of bread they bring out with the salad. Pretty good size loafs too. Not full size but bigger than some places I have been. I had a 12 oz. sirloin, loaded baked potato and iced tea. Cost me $18 plus the tip I left. Other meals can be had for less and a few for even more $$'s. It is a great place to eat but they do not have a meeting room we can reserve. They do not take reservations on Saturday. Seems to me they would be busy enough on Saturday evening that they would not want a group in taking up space for a couple of hours. I would rate this first as a place to eat but last as a place for a group gathering. It is located just east of N. Mt. Olive St. (Hwy 43) on the south side of Hwy 412. There is no smoking permitted inside.

La Herta and the City Coffee Company (and Deli) are located very close together. They are in the Spring Creek Shopping Center on the east side of the Holiday Inn Express. La Herta is on the front close to the street. They have a large open area for dinning and said they could take care of a group and just asked if we could call first. No private room. No smoking in the building. City Coffee Company (and Deli) does have a private room that we can reserve. We can reserve it if we are sure we will use it. It is also first come during regular business hours if no one reserves it. No smoking inside at this location also.

It has been suggested that we meet at the park about 2:00 PM then go to the steak house for a meal after that. I don't think that would be a problem if we headed over to Calahans before 5:00.

Let me know what you think.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...20%26%20Motels

Old 09-24-2006, 04:00 AM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
I came up with this for the dash plaque: http://ww.mappyjack.com/MCGTG.htm

What do you think?

Old 09-26-2006, 09:57 AM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
I ordered the Dash Plaques yesterday. They should be ready next monday. They will be 2" X 5". They will look more like the second picture at: http://www.mappyjack.com/MCGTG.htm

I have a box of stuff that is going to be in sunday. I'll post pic's of more stuff next week when I get the dash plaques.

Old 10-01-2006, 10:47 PM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
I added a few pic's of the stuff I have to give away at: http://ww.mappyjack.com/MCGTG.htm I plan to give folks a raffle ticket with the packets. Looks like the packets will be a Koozie, FTE sticker, FTE pin or Ford key chain, you've been spotted cards, and the raffle ticket. We'll draw a ticket and if you have the other part with that number you get your choice from the prize table. I want to have the prize drawing at the Park before we go eat at the restaurant. Say about 3:30 PM. That way it folks are a bit late they'll still be able to make it. But I don't want to do it at the end and have folks miss it because they have to leave early. Let me know what you think. Give me a head count on who will be there.

I want to get up there a bit early and get the banner up. I want to set up for a sign in sheet and hand out the packets (Koozies with stuff in them). I'm really thinking about showing up at the Park around noon and taking a grill and some hot dogs and chips or a sack lunch. If anyone else would like to go early let me know.

Old 10-08-2006, 10:15 AM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
Weatherman (the one who wrote the report I read anyway) says great weather for Saturday. I have a bunch of prizes left to give away and a few extra packets if we go over 15. Remember to bring a tennis racket or B-ball or volley ball. The park is really nice. Loks of stuff for the kids to do also. Walking path along the creek. I'm still going to try to get there around noon and have a small propane grill. I'll have a couple of packages of hot dogs and buns. Ketchup and mustard. And a bag or two of chips. I'm big on kicking back and I'll have a chair and a radio and a cooler full of soda pop. I'll have a sign up sheet and hand out the packets when you sign in. I don't see anyway to hand out prizes at or after supper if we eat at the Steak House. So I'd still like to do that at the park before we leave. Just want to try to give everyone a chance.

Old 10-11-2006, 10:55 PM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
I'm going to try to get there at around noon. I'll have a little propane cooker and some hot dogs, chips, mustard and ketchup. A cooler of pop and a radio and a chair. Try to remind me to ask folks if they want to have a 50/50 pot. Seems a few folks won't get there till 2-3 in the afternoon. I think we'll see who shows up and vote on a place for the evening meal for those who want. I might bring some stuff to clean/wax my truck. I have a bad leg and won't be able to play tennis, B-ball, or volley ball. The park is nice so if you want to shoot some hoops or something please do so. Most likely I'll just kick back in the chair smoke cigars, drink soda pop, and listen to the radio and talk to folks.

Old 10-12-2006, 04:22 PM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
I plan on leaving Wichita 8:00 AM Saturday morning. I'll have 2-3 open seats. I'll take 35 South then 412 through Tulsa to Siloam Springs. How many do we have for hot dogs at the park Saturday afternoon?

One other thing if your headed in from the west, the toll road just West of Siloam Springs is exact change only. $2.25 for cars I think but not sure. Make sure you have plenty of change.

Old 10-14-2006, 06:38 AM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
I'm loading up stuff now. Should be headed that way about 8:00 AM. If I'm not there by 1:00 PM my cell number is 316-640-1788. I don't plan to do the prize drawing before 3:30 PM. If your running a little late give me a call.

Old 10-15-2006, 03:42 AM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey Okies!! (Jimmy and Kenny) It was good meeting you guys. Thanks for all the tall tales. We'll have to do it again sometime....BTW, you guys missed a helluva good steak dinner.

Hey Ken..........so..........um, . . . . . . was it a sink?

Good time guys, maybe next time we can get a few more folks for a

Old 10-15-2006, 12:54 PM
nitro94
Posting Guru
Thanks for coming out, got to meet some more good folks. Lets do it again.

Quick Reply: Multi State GTG