N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

Today's random thought...

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 09:15 PM
TigerDan
Hotshot
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Today's random thought...

I've been thinking about this get-together we keep tossing around, and how we really should try to have more (as in: any) group functions. To date I have finally come face-to-face with 1 FTE member, Clint, last Saturday.

As I keep saying, my time is all screwed up tight now what with work and all and I don't see that changing till after the first of the year. I rarely even get out of the Clearlake basin.

But I got to thinking about a function for springtime '07, maybe if we plan far enough ahead we can make it happen. Maybe a camping-type thing on a 3-day weekend. Suggestions for a possible location? Clearlake isn't bad early in the year (it's horrible right now, with the late summer algae bloom the water's green and stinky!) There's a great state park with camping right on the lake a few miles from me and I should have my boat running by then. Andy and I could bring our guitars. Maybe Lake Berryessa...

What are your thoughts, Hobson?

Old 08-13-2006, 12:33 AM
3Mike6
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like the idea, in fact my dad (just turned 70 at the end of July) bought a fishing boat today. an '03 or '04 Bass tracker, 14 ft, I'd love to hook it to the MH and pull it up that way.

Is there full hook ups for overnighters up there? We'd have to have full hook ups for 3 days with the kids, otherwise they would drain all the water in the first day...

I have the same kind of schedule as you do, I haven't taken vacation time in at least a year, and then free time I have is spent doing something that needs to get done, instead of having some fun.

Old 08-13-2006, 01:29 AM
TigerDan
Hotshot
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I know there are private campgrounds and resorts around the lake with full hookups, and I believe there are some spots at the state park I'm thinking of that have them. I camped there many years ago, before I ever moved here. Now that it's only two miles away I think I've been there once in the last three years, and only for a few minutes. I'll have to check on that.

Old 08-13-2006, 01:55 AM
3Mike6
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Defintely look into it and see what's around if you have the time.

I should be Sea Worthy by then