Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-11-2006, 01:21 PM
New User

vbos23 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Angry 2003 lightning front end popping sound

I was hoping someone could help me with a problem I have had with my 2003 lightning for a while. When backing up and turning at the same time the front end makes a very loud popping sound. The sound comes from the left side if I'm turning right and right side if turning left. I dropped off the truck at the dealer to get it checked and they could not find anything wrong with it, yet the sound is very loud and I know there has to be something wrong. Please reply or email me if you have any info on the matter. Any help will be truly appreciated.

Vbos.
Old 08-11-2006, 07:53 PM

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Sounds like you either need some clunk washers, or you need to grease your steering stops.

Drop me an email at StarGazr9z at aol dot com.

Stewart

PS - It's not because I have some for sale, it's just for further info on your very common problem.
2000 PSD Excursion 4x4: 38R, JW trans, F5, MBRP, AFE, OBA and Pre-Pump, V & B codes
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!

Last edited by S_Harvey; 08-11-2006 at 08:37 PM.
Old 08-12-2006, 05:49 AM
Site Administrator

IB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputation
...Welcome vbos, to Ford Truck Enthusiasts!

See you on the boards. ….
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

When you are down...look up...get up...and don't ever give up....
Old 08-18-2006, 03:42 PM
Founder ... Stay Tuned

FTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputation
S_Harvey,

Why don't you post this information here so everyone can benefit, not just one user?
Old 08-18-2006, 03:46 PM

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaster
S_Harvey,

Why don't you post this information here so everyone can benefit, not just one user?
I would, but everytime I try and post a link to another Lightning forum, or suggest looking at another forum for that info, my post never shows up.

So I figured I was breaking some rule about posting, so I figured it would be best to PM or email the links instead, so I don't offend the administrator/owner/moderator.

Just trying to not make waves and respect FTE.

Stewart

PS - It's not like I have the info filed in my head and it's easier to direct someone elsewhere. But rather, I've read about similar problems (or in one case, read about different Lightnings and what their owners tow with them) and figure I could direct someone to a certain thread so they can do the research.
2000 PSD Excursion 4x4: 38R, JW trans, F5, MBRP, AFE, OBA and Pre-Pump, V & B codes
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!

Last edited by S_Harvey; 08-18-2006 at 03:51 PM.
Old 09-07-2006, 04:09 PM
Senior User

nordy racer is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_Harvey
Sounds like clunk washers,
i second this quote.. mine was making the same sound, and it was this.. stealership fixed it..
Old 09-18-2006, 02:07 PM
New User

WhiteLight is starting off with a positive reputation.
Nordy, I have the same problem with my 2000 ligtning.It makes a very loud clunking noise you can hear from far away.What is a clunk washer? Where do you get them besides the dealership? How much did they charge you for the parts?How long did they claim it took them to fix it? WhiteLight
Old 09-20-2006, 06:47 AM
New User

WhiteLight is starting off with a positive reputation.
Popping sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbos23
I was hoping someone could help me with a problem I have had with my 2003 lightning for a while. When backing up and turning at the same time the front end makes a very loud popping sound. The sound comes from the left side if I'm turning right and right side if turning left. I dropped off the truck at the dealer to get it checked and they could not find anything wrong with it, yet the sound is very loud and I know there has to be something wrong. Please reply or email me if you have any info on the matter. Any help will be truly appreciated.

Vbos.
vbos,I have ordered some clunk washers from http://chickenears.com I will install them this weekend and see if that works.I seem to be having the same problem as you.I will let you know how it goes. White Light
Old 09-20-2006, 06:47 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150

Tags
2003, cracking, end, explorer, ford, front, left, lightning, noise, popping, side, sound, sport, taurus, truck