Newbie ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 07:20 AM
Rich in CO
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newbie ?

Ok folks I'm getting the bio bug, and have been doing some reading on getting started. I'm going to pick up Girlmarks book, and do a ton more reading & asking questions on here in hope of making some bio next spring.

My 1st question is I have notice that just about all the bio processers I have seen on the net they are set up outside which leads me to think most folks have much bigger yards than I do. (Man that sucks)

Can a guy who lives in the burbs set up a small home brew in his 2 car garage in the burbs? or I'm looking for trouble?

Thanks
Rich

Old 08-07-2006, 07:32 AM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Rich in CO
Ok folks I'm getting the bio bug, and have been doing some reading on getting started. I'm going to pick up Girlmarks book, and do a ton more reading & asking questions on here in hope of making some bio next spring.

My 1st question is I have notice that just about all the bio processers I have seen on the net they are set up outside which leads me to think most folks have much bigger yards than I do. (Man that sucks)

Can a guy who lives in the burbs set up a small home brew in his 2 car garage in the burbs? or I'm looking for trouble?

Thanks
Rich
Yes, you can set up inside, but it CAN be messy! If you want to set up inside your garage you must make sure to have lot's of ventilation, even if thats just some fans to blow the fumes outside. And god forbid you get "the smell" inside the house! "She" just won't understand...........................

FABMANDELUX.

Old 08-07-2006, 05:27 PM
Rich in CO
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks fab,

Any idea on how to get a hold of Girlmark, so I can buy her book. I have been looking on her site and can't find a link, paypal addy / order form for the book.

Old 08-07-2006, 05:46 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Rich in CO
Thanks fab,

Any idea on how to get a hold of Girlmark, so I can buy her book. I have been looking on her site and can't find a link, paypal addy / order form for the book.

Here ya are Rich: http://www.b100supply.com/index.cfm?...TOKEN=45701815

Always glad to help, and Welcome to the Wonderfull World of Biodiesel

FABMANDELUX.

Old 08-10-2006, 09:40 PM
IABill
More Turbo
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Talking

Rich it can be done in a attached garage but like Fab said fumes can be nasty I open the 16ft door & the 8 footer, the unit sits just inside the 8 footer so i get a good draft when I let the methanol flash off. I never open the system or mix without at least the big door open. this winter it will get a bit chilly. The footprint of my unit is about 4WX8L I could use less space but I like it spread out a bit. The wife did buy more life insurance on me though.....