I want to do something...

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 12:46 AM
CobraXP
Logistics Pro
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I want to do something...

Anyone up for a lunch or get together?

Maybe a Saturday or Sunday... Lunch somewhere or meet at a park for a BBQ, etc... A cruise somehwere...

I am finally done with traveling for a little while (when I get home Thursday), so I will be in town a lot more. I am itching to do something.....

Old 06-28-2006, 03:31 PM
wick246
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm going to be up to my elbows in trying to get the transmission and transfer case back in the red '79. If a few others are interested I'll take a break for lunch or something...

Old 06-30-2006, 10:04 AM
utahtom
Posting Guru
I'd be up for something- Although usually week nights work better for me. Also, I really believe there are quite a few FTE Utah folks that simply do not frequent this particular forum... I know of at least 3 active Utah members from the 6.0 forum and I'm sure there are many others. I'm wondering what we could do to get the "word" out? Other than PM (which might be the only way). Thanks, Tom

Old 07-01-2006, 12:30 AM
CobraXP
Logistics Pro
PM's are about the best way. I'm up for anything - weeknights included. The in-laws are in town until the 17th, but I can work a couple of hours into the schedule...

Old 07-01-2006, 12:48 AM
mjwhip2
Elder User
I could probably work something out. Up through the 24th of July I work every Sat and Sun night, so those are out for me. Just about any other time would work though.

Old 07-03-2006, 07:53 AM
mistakenID
Posting Guru
After the last few times of attempting to commit to making it to a get together and then having everything fall apart at the last minute, I'm gunshy

I would enjoy finally meeting other members. As before, I am "usually" always available, unless we have a get together, then I am like a ditch digging contest and I have no shovel.

Old 07-06-2006, 10:51 PM
natebaker
Elder User
I got into Provo about 2 weeks ago. Now that I'm settled and have a reliable internet connection, I'll be more active. Btw, the lack of humidity is killing me!! I'm from Arkansas and I wake up several times a night just to get a drink of water! I can do a Saturday meet. I work on a tree crew mon-fri and saturday seems to be my only free day.

Old 07-07-2006, 07:53 AM
mistakenID
Posting Guru
Welcome to Utah natebaker.

The "low" humidity that is killing you is HIGH humidity to most long time Utah residents and it's killing us. We are used to dry heat and when humidity starts getting up to that 30-40% mark, I start to drip like a split water hose and the air feels to heavy to suck in.

Wait till you experience a whole year of extreme temp changes, 4 weather changes in a single day and humidity running from 5-80% within 48 hours. It's a beautiful state though.

Old 07-07-2006, 08:10 PM
natebaker
Elder User
I imagine I'll get to feel all the wonderful Utah weather! I love the mountains. That's just something we don't have in Arkansas. I get to shovel snow on campus in the winter. I can't say I'm excited ab that, haha.

Yeah, let's do something! I can't drink, for I run the risk of getting kicked out of school, haha jk.

Old 07-07-2006, 11:58 PM
CobraXP
Logistics Pro
mistakenID - I am going to hold you to it!!!

Welcome to Utah Nate!

I came from Atlanta where the humidity was killer also. It takes a month of so for your body to get use to the weather, but once you do, you will hate humidity. When I go back to my parents in Atlanta, I can smell the humidity when I step off the plane and can't wait to leave and get back here...

Let's start getting something together. Shall we say sometime in August - just to give everyone time to get things together? Lets look at something like a park get together. I'll bring the grille and some other things. We can just make it a fun day of messing around for whomever can come. Maybe August 12th or 19th?

Something else to throw out - I might be entering the Explorer in the Concours d' Elegance Seniors Car Show at South Towne Expo Center on Aug 25-27. I will probably be in it with Ken Woodward (if he goes this year), so if Ken - you read this - give me a call! We would love for some people to be in it or at least stop by!!!!

Old 07-08-2006, 12:18 PM
natebaker
Elder User
The 19th is out for me. My GF is flying 1600 miles to see me, lol. She'll be here the whole week of the 14th.

Ah, man! That means I'll prolly have to wash my truck when we meet, haha. That hasn't happened since before I got to Utah.

Old 07-18-2006, 08:52 PM
R Rocks
Senior User
R Rocks is sitting back to see what and where you guys decide on, the past couple GTG I missed so I think it`s time to get to one.

Old 07-21-2006, 07:55 AM
54Sgt
Freshman User
Wink

54SGT is also standing by. I have some things planned in August but want to see if I can meet a few of you! Set a date I'll try to be there!

Old 07-21-2006, 03:58 PM
natebaker
Elder User
The last half of August is shot. One week, my GF is coming in, next week, I'm flying to Cali for a week or so.

Old 07-21-2006, 09:54 PM
utahstroke
Junior User
Thumbs up

I'm in. When and where? Park City, Kamas?