Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

Latest JD powers Reliability Survey Results

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 02:52 PM
polarbear
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Latest JD powers Reliability Survey Results

A few things that grab me: Silverado took a hit. Mercedes S-Class didn't make the list- neither did BMW, Audi, Acura, Porsche .... yada yada. Ranger thumped the Tacoma for the 4th year in a row. . The Camry and the Accord didn't make the list- aced out by two Buicks and a Mercury?

Old 08-09-2006, 04:56 PM
BigF350
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Interesting, that is the first time Ford has beaten the Industry average for quite some time.

Lets hope its a sign of things to come

Old 08-10-2006, 09:41 AM
jimandmandy
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What happened to Land Rover, or are they always that bad. I notice that the Ford-owned Volvo didnt do too well either, while Jaguar is much better than I would have expected.

Oldsmobile is on the list. Is this the three-year study?

Jim

Old 08-10-2006, 10:39 AM
polarbear
Post Fiend
Land Rover is perennially on the bottom of the heap. Here's a brand where I wish Ford would either get their chitt together with it or sell the brand to someone who can.

Yes, it's a three year survey.

Old 08-10-2006, 11:24 AM
jschira
Logistics Pro
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by polarbear
Land Rover is perennially on the bottom of the heap. Here's a brand where I wish Ford would either get their chitt together with it or sell the brand to someone who can.

Yes, it's a three year survey.
LR is claiming that it is all software problems. LR switched from a BMW engine to a Jag engine, but kept the BMW EMC.

Apparently, those Jag engines no sprechen Deutsch.

Old 08-10-2006, 07:40 PM
rboeding
Senior User
Smile

I just bought a 07 sport trac and I have had no problems at all. JD power should call me for theri survey. Now catie bar the door if they ask me about my 77 f100

Old 08-10-2006, 09:20 PM
RocketScience
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by polarbear
Land Rover is perennially on the bottom of the heap. Here's a brand where I wish Ford would either get their chitt together with it or sell the brand to someone who can.....
Can you say 'Yuppy', Ernie?

Think about it.....Ford has a bit of a market niche here. As long as this demographic continues to blow their hard earned cash on a wannabe status symbol with the quality of an Isuzu Trooper, I'm sure the execs are sayin', "Bring it on".

Old 08-11-2006, 02:53 AM
BigF350
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
I will admit to being a bit of a Land Rover fan (ok, thats an understantement ) But, remember this is 3years old - when BMW engines were used in the Range Rover, it was still the old (electrical nightmare) Discovery - and worst of all, I think they still sold the Freelander in the US back then.

Not the best carpark of vehicles to choose from.

I would be willing to (very bravely) state that the current lineup of Land Rovers (Freelander excluded in the markets that it is sold in) are far and away the best group of SUV's put out by one marque.
A LX470 might still have them beat on quality though....

Also Volvo's excuses are that it was about the time the new S60 came out (I think )

Last edited by BigF350; 08-11-2006 at 02:56 AM.