paint imperfections on new truck

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 09:33 AM
rdevries
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
paint imperfections on new truck

Hey everybody,

About 2 1/2 months ago I bought a new 2007 Ford Explorer SportTrac, and during cleaning I have started to notice some imperfections on my paint here and there.

I have one spot on my hood, where it looks like a grain of salt got stuck under the paint coat. Also, on the side of my car, in the area between the door and the body, is a little area, about a hair-thickness in width and about an inch long, where the paint is not entirely smooth, and where you can see some black/gray'ish color thru the paint. Perhaps a spot where not enough paint was applied?

Also, on the roof, on both sides, is this little identation that runs al the way over the roof (from front to back). Within this indentation is where the two panels come together I guess?. In the greases of that identation I can see that similiar gray'ish color come thru just a little bit.

Either way, I need to bring it to my dealer in the next two weeks for its first oil change. Is this something I should mention? I don't think there is anything they could do about it other than repainting it?

Do all cars have such paint imperfections? Am I to **** about it? I would really like to hear your opinion if you don't mind.

<OThanks

Richard

Old 08-07-2006, 10:56 AM
GWall
Senior User
You will probably find imperfections on most new vehicles if you examine them closely enough. It wouldn't hurt to mention it when you take it in for service. Dealers like to keep their new customers happy if they can.

Old 09-01-2006, 09:09 PM
rdevries
New User
Thanks for the tip. I finally brought it in and they agreed those couple of spots needed to get fixed. Under warranty ofcourse.

I believe they sanded those areas, re-painted it (including clearcoat) and did whatever else those folks normally do.

results, beautful. You can't even tell. I looked extremely closely, even in the bright sun under different angles, but you see no overlay, no color difference, it's absolutely quality work!