Nevada Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:67 Olfthfl

where is everyone????

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 12:38 AM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Post where is everyone????

Guy's you have a chapter and yet not many are supporting the nomination process or even at least throwin your two cents worth on it, now come on fellas , at least show some support for your chapter even if its just here online at FTE.

Old 08-08-2006, 07:55 PM
05XLT
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^^ What he said... even though the nominations are closed and will not reopen unless something drastic (sp) happens. Come on guys (and gals), support the chapter!

Old 08-09-2006, 10:36 AM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just got out of the High Sierras from a backpack trip with my son. Heading off now for some business, then back to work for a couple of days. Vacation's over this weekend. Sorry, still much to be done but I'll be back.
I was wondering about this too. Alot of interest for a chapter, then once started, alot of action. Then things kinda fizzled. Where'd they all go?

Hopefully just busy with summer activities.

Last edited by olfordsnstone; 08-09-2006 at 10:41 AM.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:27 PM
460 Crew
Elder User
I'm kinda busy the 70 crewcab caught and engine fire and the C6 is in for a rebuild. Ouch on the wallet.

Old 08-09-2006, 11:03 PM
Vern69
Senior User
Originally Posted by F2504x4
Guy's you have a chapter and yet not many are supporting the nomination process or even at least throwin your two cents worth on it, now come on fellas , at least show some support for your chapter even if its just here online at FTE.
I'm all about supporting the chapter, but have also been wanting more Nevadans to realize we even have a chapter now. I've spread the word around the site a bit and am hoping for more folks to catch onto it. I don't feel right voting (or even nominating) for a chapter leader until we actually have some sort of membership to do the voting. Not only am I into supporting the chapter, but also supporting FTE. Without the site, the chapter couldn't exist. What's $15/yr?

Originally Posted by olfordsnstone
Hopefully just busy with summer activities.
Yes, busy with summer activities. Recently moved, then started a new job three days later, then immediately went on the road to San Fran for two weeks. I've barely been back long enough to figure out where half my crap is and I'm already sked to make a run to Denver for work. One continuous round of pleasure...

Patrick- sorry to hear about the fire. That sucks. A lot.

Old 08-12-2006, 05:37 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 460 Crew
I'm kinda busy the 70 crewcab caught and engine fire and the C6 is in for a rebuild. Ouch on the wallet.
If you are in need of a 70 bed, I know someone who has one he is willing part with. Let me know.
He also has the rear end from the same truck. I think it was a 4x4 F250.
Sorry to hear of your misfortune. Let us know if there is anything anyone here can do to help out a fellow member. Hard to tell if you are anywhere close to Northern or Southern Nevada by your signature but let us know anyway. If someone happens to be close enough, we can figure out that one later.
Good luck on the repairs.

Old 08-12-2006, 11:05 PM
460 Crew
Elder User
Thanks for the offer Tim. I just put the tranny back in today with my pop's help, It had been going for a while. The torque converter grenaded and sent aluminum shavings throught the whole system, I think it puked out the dipstick hole and was the cause of the headers igniting fluids on the backside of the engine. I had to replace a couple vacume lines, plug wires and the durapark wiring. So a set back of about 800 bucks all together. Not bad. On that 70 bed is it a shortbed? I'm in Las Vegas and I do need a good bed, one that doesn't need that much body work and is solid.

She is back and running, drove it accross town tonight and it was a little stressfull, Not that I think it will light up again but it is in the back of my mind. It was a helpless feeling when the fire still wasn't quite out after the extinguisher was empty and I had to start throwing dirt at it. Feels like a new truck shifting!! Hasn't felt tlike that in a while. Next step will be a Cummins and a 5 speed with my next tax return hopefully.