Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

My project hits the road in one color!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 07:51 AM
bob hare
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up My project hits the road in one color!

Well, it's been a 9 year project, but my truck finally looks completed. I've been thrashing on the truck, getting ready to take it to a show in Evansville, Indiana in less than 2 weeks. I spent most of last week sanding and buffing the clearcoat, and installed the bed & rear fenders this past Saturday. Now I've got to drive it to break in the engine and work out all of the little bugs.
There are more pics in my gallery.

Bob

Old 08-14-2006, 08:08 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
No, no no no. . .there is no way that is the same truck I saw earlier in the year. . . That truck is just Smashing! Really, really fantastic job on your toy

But. . .now that its done, what are you going to do? Besides building a nice show trophy case that is

I'd tell you to keep up the good work, but I don't think it can get any better!

BTW, those headlights set the whole front end off, are they reworked stock, or aftermarket?

Old 08-15-2006, 07:38 AM
bob hare
Senior User
Thanks Steve,

It is hard to believe all those parts you saw laying around my garage actually came together! The headlights are a reproduction of a 1932 coupe, made from stainless steel with Silverstar halogen headlight bulbs. I still have to install the wood in the bed (after I decide what style to do), and finish the interior. I also need to install the air conditioning & steel hood, sometime this winter.

Bob