Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > Other Ford Engines > 4 Cylinder Engines
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-03-2006, 09:27 PM
Junior User

TLyttle is starting off with a positive reputation.
Unhappy 2.3 aluminum head

Is there such an article? Is it aftermarket or production? I sometimes wonder why I am fussing with this thing, the OHC is the only modern part of the design, depending on the computer/turbo to get any form of performance on a mundane engine...
Old 08-04-2006, 08:51 AM
Super Moderator

TigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputation
I believe there is, but they're designed for racing, not sure how well it would work on the street. You could contact Esslinger engineering, they even show them in pics on their website but say thay don't sell heads over the Internet, so you have to talk to them by phone:

http://www.esslingeracing.com/

Here's another interesting solution:

http://www.merkurtech.com/merkurtech...es/item045.php

Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Old 08-05-2006, 10:31 PM
Posting Guru

jimdandy has a good reputation on FTE.jimdandy has a good reputation on FTE.jimdandy has a good reputation on FTE.
Smile

Esslinger makes two aluminum heads, one for all out racing, and a less costly one as a replacement head for the 2.3 turbo's.

The Rapido Group also has an aluminum head as replacement for the 2.3 turbo's. It is a little more expensive than the Esslinger the last time I checked. It may even be the Esslinger head.

Modifying the Volvo head to fit the 2.3 isn't worth the time and effort involved as the results aren't that great. jd
Old 08-07-2006, 11:48 AM
Junior User

TLyttle is starting off with a positive reputation.
Many thanks for the info, guys, just the thing I was looking for. I think if I was to install a Volvo head, I may just as well throw in the rest of the engine as well...

I think I better pay down my Mastercard before I call Esslinger about their head!

Thanks again.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:48 AM