Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-01-2006, 07:03 PM
Senior User

DNewton is starting off with a positive reputation.
b100 help

when and if i get a 6.9, hopefully in the next few weeks, i plan on running it on straight biodiesel, ive heard that in order to do it, some parts need to be replaced, what do i have to get/replace in order to run the biodiesel? all help is appreciated, Dustin

could someone mabey make me a list, and mabey a ballpark price for it all?

1991 F350 7.5l CC LB 4 inch lift
Old 08-01-2006, 08:58 PM
Senior User

IABill is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Wink

Dustin Here we go again! from what I have read natural rubber lines should be replaced with something newer I think vitron or something like that. Your 6.9 will LOVE Bio-D I have been brewing for about three months my PSD and IDI run fine on it I have yet to have to change a fuel filter(most folks advise bio will clean the fuel system and send all of the old garbage right to the filter) but have spares onboard both units. PSD runs a bit Quieter I think..... On the IDI I can't tell. The Bio has MUCH higher lubricity than current petro fuel and when the ULSD hits all over the country you will need to use an additive to keep the pump from wearing itself out. I used stanadyne performance formula @ 8oz per every tank B-4 Bio but that stuff is pretty high priced Power service & Howes & others out there will fill the void until you get into the Bio-D as far a list all rubber fuel & return lines is where I would start Sorry I have no clue on cost....Hang out though sombody here most likley has "been there done that"....Good luck.......Bill
Old 08-01-2006, 11:48 PM
Posting Guru

kennedyford is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hey Bill up late? You will not need any addative for the ULSD if you use any bio. The manufactures are going to put bio in it anyway in order to keep the millions of 18 wheelers and pickup on the road without seizing up engines....now for your 6.9

I just was discussing that today with good ol dad and this is what he said.

The injection pump should be rebuild and upgraded. The cost on this a few years ago when he wrenched on diesels was 100 cost. Now you will have to let you fingers do the walking to call around for pump rebuilding shops. The fuel lines are the other concern if not metal. I think regular fuel line will sufice for a while but im not sure yet.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:31 AM
Senior User

DNewton is starting off with a positive reputation.
i see, thanks guys, so i should invest in some "vitron" fuel lines? and thats a definate on the IP rebuild?

1991 F350 7.5l CC LB 4 inch lift
Old 08-02-2006, 12:31 PM
Senior User

IABill is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Talking

Yep I was up a bit late hehehe.... good deal on the Bio in the ulsd I just figured I would need to keep a little stanadyne around for when I run low on bio & have to buy fuel....
Old 08-02-2006, 01:49 PM
Posting Guru

Phydeaux88 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Phydeaux88 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
If you fill up with #2 before you run out of Bio you shouldn't need Stanadyne. All you need is about 5% Bio to get lubricity up.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:05 PM
Posting Guru

kennedyford is starting off with a positive reputation.
That is why the prices will be jacked up when the new 07 fuel and trucks are out, they figure we are too stupid to know that should reduce the price...YES on the Injectory Pump.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:05 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels

Tags
b100, ford, void