Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

Old 11-17-2014, 06:16 PM
How-Tos on this Topic

Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-26-2013, 09:27 PM

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by glocli View Post
Can someone please send me the code matrix, i have tried looking everywhere
Not everywhere you haven't!

Go to the Excursion Tech Folder sticky thread. Scroll all the way down to the Misc Info And Mods section. The matrix is listed there in a link to the thread.

Stewart
2000 PSD Excursion 4x4: 38R, JW trans, F5, MBRP, AFE, OBA and Pre-Pump, V & B codes
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!

Last edited by Stewart_H; 09-26-2013 at 09:31 PM.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:57 PM
Post Fiend

EXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputation
It's also in a thread in here so you haven't looked everywhere. The search is very helpful if you take a little time to learn how to use it.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:36 AM
Senior User

ycis has a good reputation on FTE.ycis has a good reputation on FTE.
its way less annoying to buy a cheap inspection mirror and look under the dash than type in those codes.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:58 AM
Post Fiend

EXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ycis View Post
its way less annoying to buy a cheap inspection mirror and look under the dash than type in those codes.
If you can find it and the earlier models didn't have them anywhere. Plus you can crack in in 10 minutes.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:16 AM
Elder User

MalwareDRay has a very good reputation on FTE.MalwareDRay has a very good reputation on FTE.MalwareDRay has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xTraveler View Post
OK, for some reason they don't come up on a FTE article search but while searching google I found these instructions which actually come from an FTE article. They are by far the most detailed set of directions I've seen.

Security Keyless Keypad Programming on 2002+ Super Duty and Excursions

(Note: These instructions should work with other Ford's as well. If you have specific locations and supplemental information for other Ford trucks and suv's please let us know).
When your vehicle was newly purchased from the dealer it came with a card in the ownerís manual packet that had the keypad code on it. The packet is often lost over time and as the vehicle trades owners the code to the Keyless Entry is lost. Ford Dealers wants some big money to get the code for you by plugging in their computer to retrieve the code or using the following method. There is a much easier way for you to get the code and you donít need any tools or automotive knowledge. Iíll show you how and where to find the code and how to reset the Keyless Entry back to the factory code or your personal code number.

There are three ways to find to it. One is a lot easier than the other but less work if you have a good eye and great flashlight. There are some Excursions, F250 and F350s that have a different wiring system so the first location to look is just above the right front kick panel; the RAP module is black in color with the numbers on the front the same as the white module. If you look above the kick panel you can see it really clear without taking anything apart. If it is not at this location please follow the next step.

Click the image to open in full size.

This part is not hard to do you will need to remove the front cover under the steering wheel that says fuse box. (It has 4 plastic screws to remove) under the dash, the five (5) digit code is on the Cream/white box behind the radio, look to the top right of the open fuse box cover through the wires. (Towards the fire wall look through where my finger is pointing). At the back firewall, look for a 5 digit code on a sticker on a cream/white box. This is not easy but if you try every angle I promise it will appear donít forget to use a very powerful flashlight if you want to see it.

The second way is a more time consuming job because you have to remover the stereo and to the rear youíll be able to see the 5 digit code very easy. This process can take 2-10 minutes.

This is a picture of the Remote Anti-theft Personality (RAP) module. This is the module you are looking for there is nothing that identifies it as the RAP module (Some RAP modules are Black in color & it could also be up side down). It is the only box in the dash with the large bold type set with five numbers on it these is the five (5) digit code you will need from the module. Write this number down this is the factory code for your Keyless Entry.

Now that youíve got the code Iíll tell you how to use the Keyless entry and set-up your own code.

Make sure when pressing the controls on the keyless entry keypad you press the middle of the buttons to ensure good contact with the controls.

Programming Your Own Personal Entry Code

1. Enter the factory-set code (keypad will illuminate when first digit is pressed).

2. Press the 1/2 control within five seconds of step 1.

3. Enter your personal 5-digit code. Enter each digit within five seconds of the previous one.

Your personal code does not replace the factory-set code. You can use either code to unlock your vehicle. Each time you set a new personal code the module will erase the previous one in favor of the new code. The factory-set code can not be erased.

Erasing Your Personal Code or A Prior Owner's Code

1. Enter the factory-set code.

2. Press the 1/2 control within five seconds of step one 1.

3. Press the 7/8 and 9/0 controls at the same time within five seconds of step two.

The system will now only respond to the factory-set code.

Unlocking the Doors

1. Enter either the factory-set code or the personal code (Each digit must be pressed within five seconds of the prior digit). The interior lights will illuminate as soon as the first valid digit is pressed.

2. To unlock all the doors, enter the factory set code or a personal code and press the 3/4 control within five seconds of the drivers door unlocking.

Locking the Doors

1. Press 7/8 and 9/0 controls at the same time. The 5-digit code does not have to be entered to lock the doors.

Deactivating/Activating Auto-lock

1. Enter the five 5-digit code.

2. Press and hold 7/8 control.

3. Press and release 3/4 control while holding 7/8 control.

4. Release 7/8 control.

The horn will chirp once if auto-lock was deactivated or twice if auto-lock was activated.
this for me worked perfect.. took all of 30 seconds and I was rushing as we were trying to leave to go to the fair. didnt want to carry my keys with me so I decided to do this last minute... I was surprised I solved that issue so quickly. Always thought I'd have to shell out some cash to a dealer... awesome!!
Old 02-17-2014, 10:26 PM
New User

Offroadmaniac is starting off with a positive reputation.
offroadmaniac
Great thread, this just helped me get the code to my new to me 2006 F-250.
Old 05-07-2014, 12:30 AM
Elder User

dougger222 is starting off with a positive reputation.
10 years ago I sent the 00 X to the dealership to get the code. Tonight looked and looked and looked some more and found it. It was upside down below the radio on the fire wall. It was nice to see a picture to know what to look for. Oh, I removed the radio, cup holder, and garbage hook couldn't find it so put it all back together. Went back outside and found it with the access cover removed.
Old 05-18-2014, 02:10 AM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougger222 View Post
10 years ago I sent the 00 X to the dealership to get the code. Tonight looked and looked and looked some more and found it. It was upside down below the radio on the fire wall. It was nice to see a picture to know what to look for. Oh, I removed the radio, cup holder, and garbage hook couldn't find it so put it all back together. Went back outside and found it with the access cover removed.
What do you mean; outside below the radio and what access cover?
Old 05-19-2014, 12:43 PM
New User

chetgizzile is starting off with a positive reputation.
2008 f250 keypad code

I found mine by using this link...

http://www.justanswer.com/ford/3sz1r...ess-entry.html

2 screws less than 10 minutes and i got my code.
When looking at the label with the upside down C the code will be in the upper right corner. The code will be upside down of course.

PS. The smart junction box or fuse panel is located on the passenger side kick panel..

2008 f250 5.4

Last edited by chetgizzile; 05-19-2014 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Addded PS
Old 05-24-2014, 01:36 PM
New User

ccrum19 is starting off with a positive reputation.
There are other places to look...

I never wasted any time looking behind the radio or under the dash.
I have an 03 Excursion Limited 4WD, and stumbled across mine one day.

I stumbled across the jack compartment (for a jack I would only use in an emergency) in the rear cargo area, and under the jack was a factory sticker with my keypad code... Jackpot!!
Old 05-26-2014, 12:35 AM
Elder User

dougger222 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXv10 View Post
What do you mean; outside below the radio and what access cover?
Outside as in I went back outside after being inside. Access cover under steering wheel. Like one of the original posts, you have to shine a bright light and look from the access area. Shine the light to the right and to the fire wall area.
Old 05-26-2014, 02:01 AM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrum19 View Post
I never wasted any time looking behind the radio or under the dash.
I have an 03 Excursion Limited 4WD, and stumbled across mine one day.

I stumbled across the jack compartment (for a jack I would only use in an emergency) in the rear cargo area, and under the jack was a factory sticker with my keypad code... Jackpot!!
I heard they can be behind the spare under a metal molding strip also.
Old 06-23-2014, 12:00 PM
New User

2000EX4X4LTD is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsExcursion View Post
I have a 2000 X, and when I bought it, the owner had no idea of the code. So I looked at article after article... tore apart the WHOLE dash, and looked in all the places... NO CODE... I guess they didn't put printed codes on the '99 SuperDuty and 2000 X.. I wasn't about to pay $100 for some guy to tell me the code, so I looked into it more. I read a forum (not sure where) where someone used Microsoft Word to create a Macro to make all the possible codes... (sounds like something you wouldn't want to do, but you will be surprised) There are 5 buttons on the keypad. So you go into word create this macro that uses all the possible 5 digits numbers it could make with 0 1 2 3 4. It makes about a total of 10 sheets of codes at like 5 or so columns on each page.... TONS OF CODES. You then label the 1/2 key: 0 the 3/4 key: 1 and so on.... so now your keypad looks like 0 1 2 3 4... then you enter codes.... I did this for 10 min. and found my code. Some may be quicker, some may take longer... If anyone would like me to send them this word document with all the numbers, I would be glad too, also if anyone would like me to explain the procedure better I will. I'm so greatful that I found out about this way. I wish I would have remembered who it was so I could give the credit to that person, but it was probably 6 or 8 months ago. Good Luck!
The instructions are on an older psot.
Old 06-23-2014, 06:08 PM

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000EX4X4LTD View Post
The instructions are on an older psot.
Dunno if you realize this or not, but that post you responded to was made back in '06, 8 years ago. I'm thinking Matt, if he's not a huge procrastinator, probably has already discovered his combination.

Also, welcome to FTE!

Stewart
2000 PSD Excursion 4x4: 38R, JW trans, F5, MBRP, AFE, OBA and Pre-Pump, V & B codes
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
Old 07-26-2014, 02:15 PM
New User

kirbinator13 is starting off with a positive reputation.
For a 2006 F250, the trick of opening up the giant ashtray/junk drawer holder and looking up and towards the firewall and moving the cotton foam out of the way worked perfectly! I am addicted to this forum. You guys have probably already saved me over $1,000 on labor!
Old 07-26-2014, 02:15 PM