Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

Old 11-17-2014, 06:16 PM
How-Tos on this Topic

Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-29-2006, 10:18 AM
Posting Guru

rlh68050 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.rlh68050 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkMoore
The Auto-Lock feature does not work on my X...

This function was available on my '00 F150 and I was disappointed tht I couldn't find it on my '01 X. I thought it was a nice safety feature especially for my wife.
You are correct. Ford didn't offer the auto lock feature until 2002 MY Ex.
1995 F-150
Old 09-08-2006, 02:58 PM
New User

02lucille is starting off with a positive reputation.
I foud my RAP in my 02 F-150 Supercrew. under the dash above the emergency brake pedal. I was able to read it plainly with no flashlight (daytime) and w/o moving any wiring. Thanks to the pics posted by xTraveler, I knew what to look for. Unlock driver door and 3/4 for other three worked on the first try. I'm sure I'll play with the auto-lock at some point.

Thanks
Old 09-08-2006, 05:48 PM
Senior User

eatfish is starting off with a positive reputation.
There is NO code listed anywhere on the 2000 Ex, and I think its not on the 2001 either. The only way to get it, is by hooking up to the computer.
Old 09-08-2006, 05:57 PM
Posting Guru

vettdvr is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatfish
There is NO code listed anywhere on the 2000 Ex, and I think its not on the 2001 either. The only way to get it, is by hooking up to the computer.
Which is what I found also,, Really !@#!$#
Old 09-09-2006, 06:02 AM
Site Administrator

IB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputation
...Welcome 02lucille to Ford Truck Enthusiasts!

Enjoy FTE....and
JOIN CLUB FTE -SUPPORT THE FORUMS!
…..See you on the boards.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

When you are down...look up...get up...and don't ever give up....
Old 09-18-2006, 10:13 AM
New User

acelliott is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks to everyone who has put in their two cents so far. I have tried each of the locations that you guys have suggested and so far have had zero luck.

If anyone has any other ideas I'm all ears. Very frustrating! I hate to remove my stereo unit but that's where I'm headed next if no other ideas surface; I'm also thinking of calling the guy who sold it to me and asking him to pay for me to go to the dealership and get my code!
Old 09-22-2006, 10:45 PM
New User

robertketter is starting off with a positive reputation.
Just a quick update to this thread... After reading this thread I headed out to our 2003 Expedition to find that code. Looked through the cracks towards the radio... nothing, looked around a bit nothing.. decided to peer over the right kickplate under the dash and BINGO.. there was a solid black box with a Bosch label on it and a 5 Digit code. I decided this might be it and tried the code... Were in business now. We got the Exp last year used from a Toyota dealer.. they wanted $85 to get the code, so being cheap we went to google and now were here with a working code. Thanks to all who posted this thread.
Old 09-23-2006, 06:26 AM
Junior User

Shriner is starting off with a positive reputation.
Robert, I also have an '03 but have yet to find the black box you mentioned. Could you post a picture or 2?

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-23-2006, 09:51 AM
New User

Soon as wife gets home...

I will take a picture to post when she gets home. I am in Est time zone and it should be about 9:30 tonight.
Old 09-23-2006, 01:37 PM
Junior User

Robert, Many thanks to you Sir!

For the record my '03 X is a 6.0 PSD 4X4 Limited. Not sure if the 2WD and the 4WD would be the same or not as well as the 6.0 and the V10. Which one do you have?
Old 09-23-2006, 02:51 PM
New User

Actually, Ours is an 03 Expedition. So I am not sure if my pictures will help but it will still give you an idea what your looking for. Will post pics tonight.
Old 09-23-2006, 05:23 PM
Junior User

I missed the Expedition part in your earlier post and was thinking we had the same truck.

Thanks again.
Old 09-23-2006, 10:56 PM
Postmaster

VaSheriff has much to be proud ofVaSheriff has much to be proud ofVaSheriff has much to be proud ofVaSheriff has much to be proud ofVaSheriff has much to be proud ofVaSheriff has much to be proud ofVaSheriff has much to be proud ofVaSheriff has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shriner
Robert, I also have an '03 but have yet to find the black box you mentioned. Could you post a picture or 2?

Thanks in advance.
Shriner, look directly behind your CD6 player against the firewall. My box was grayish in color. I don't think you will be able to read the code on the box. I simply felt the sticker with the code on it and peeled it off. Once I had it peeled off, I stuck it in the owner's manual for the next owner should I sell.
Old 09-24-2006, 06:23 AM
Junior User

VaSheriff, thanks for the headsup. I will give it a try.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:31 PM
Junior User

I tried it again, and after about 30 minutes of looking and probing, I went to Autozone and bought a Radio puller for $3.99 - Pulled the radio, and could not find it. Took my teenage son out with me to look for it... Nothing. I pulled the trash bag holder, the 2 cup beverage holder above it, still nothing.

Really frustrated at this point, then from the passenger side, i shined the flashlight into the trash bag holder toward the front left corner of the truck and saw a black box with a white sticker that was nearly impossible to read, and the print on the sticker was upside down. From the pictures posted, I saw a sticker that resembled the one posted earlier in this thread, and could read all but the last 2 digits, which were hidden from view by a cluster of wires.

Process of elemination, I managed to figure out what the last 2 numbers were. Thanks to all who posted their input, without it I would have never found what I was looking for. After I found it, I told my son where it was, and he was not able to see it... so I Guess this is my lucky day...
Old 09-24-2006, 01:31 PM