Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Kramercd

August Meet

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 07:44 PM
1996pwrstrk
Cargo Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jeff I'm sorry I didn't get down to say goodbye this mornin .I was rush'n to get the truck loaded because I wanted to get some pictures of my dad's truck and trailer down there and he got tired of waitinSo i didn't think about coming down there till I was out on 14 .I really had a good time that was a great spot , my family and I plan on going back up there for sure. It sure would have been nice to see some new faces but o'well .

See Ya At the next one
Dave

Old 08-27-2006, 08:12 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
It was a beautiful area....good choice for a GTG. Not as large a turnout as I'd hoped for, but as always a good time.

Old 08-27-2006, 08:30 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Dave, no problem. We went to town for breakfast and didn't get back till after 11:00. Got loaded up and out by about 1:00 and home by 5:20.

We had a great time and met some fine folks. Glad everybody liked the location, wasn't sure what we would find with all of the funding cuts that the parks are going through.
There was some talk about having the next around Hot Springs, maybe Carroll can help us out with a location?
Jeff

Old 08-27-2006, 09:09 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
sorry we didnt get to say bye to anyone either, we went down to the river sun. morning so hannah could take a dip. She really enjoyed that!

I was hopin to meet some of the other members as well, good to meet you and your family Jeff, good to see everyone else again also.

But thats twice now dave has cooked for everyone! we need to step up, so he can sit back for once!

Hot springs is good, but i vote we have an unofficial meet at the lake, so the ole boat can get some action...

Joe

Old 08-28-2006, 07:05 AM
jimkidd
Elder User
Good time & good people. It was a nice place. The food, as usual, was great. Thanks to everyone that came.

jimbo

P.S. Joe, I think Dave cooks because he wants to cook.

Old 08-28-2006, 09:58 AM
Calli
Senior User

Originally Posted by mechmagcn
Dave, no problem. We went to town for breakfast and didn't get back till after 11:00. Got loaded up and out by about 1:00 and home by 5:20.

We had a great time and met some fine folks. Glad everybody liked the location, wasn't sure what we would find with all of the funding cuts that the parks are going through.
There was some talk about having the next around Hot Springs, maybe Carroll can help us out with a location?
Jeff
Hi Guys, Glad everyone had a good visit. I am still in San Diego waiting for new granddaughter. I would be glad to set up something around Hot Springs when the time comes. As Dave says, the lakes would be great. Hopefully I can make that one. Best to all. Carroll

Old 09-16-2006, 03:59 AM
Brian_B
Postmaster
Hi guys,

Apparently you were all up in my area. I didn't know that.

I am now on dialysis and not doing that well. I am on it Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. The meets are always on Saturdays, so I will not be able to attend any of them. I am trying to start checking the forums again, but I will be missing in action most of the time.

Also, it just so happens that I was in the hospital when you had this one (the entire week). I am constantly in and out of the hospital. I am hoping my health will stabilize at some point.

My 56 has been sitting on blocks for the last several months. The brakes are out and I can't get stable long enough to work on her. Oh well....

Old 09-16-2006, 02:32 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Brian, glad to see you at least able to join us on the forums. We missed you at the meeting. If your schedule doesn't allow you to attend on Saturdays, I'm sure we can make some arrangments so that you can join us. Looks like we'll have to bring the meeting to you, but hey, maybe we could have a workshop and help you out on the truck . Here's to your continued improvement

Jeff

Old 09-16-2006, 03:46 PM
Brian_B
Postmaster
I appreciate the thoughts. Its seems like you already brought the meeting very close to me and I missed it.

Right now I can't stay out of the hospital long enough to plan anything. The weekend you had it, I was in from Tuesday until Wednesday of the following week. Then back in again the following Saturday night. You get the picture.

For now, I will try to login here more often. When I am at home.

Its not hurting the truck to sit for a while. I probably couldn't drive it now anyway. I am pretty weak and its stock. No power anything and no hydraulic clutch.

The explorer is my driver for now. When I actually drive that is.