Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Kramercd

August Meet

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 02:29 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Do I get booted from the chapter if I show without a Ford? I'll be there in my toter and trailer that are in my avatar. Looks like we'll make this one a weekend instead of a meeting

Jeff

Old 08-03-2006, 03:05 PM
jimkidd
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
Do I get booted from the chapter if I show without a Ford? I'll be there in my toter and trailer that are in my avatar. Looks like we'll make this one a weekend instead of a meeting

Jeff
Yeah man! Yer outta here!
Pleeeze. They didn't kick me out. There were rumors of torture and the such.

jimbo

Old 08-03-2006, 03:21 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
I hope not, but had to ask anyway. Currently the only Ford I have on the road is my old service truck, but it has been to Buffalo point before . Hopefully, I'll have my 53 on the road sometime next year.

Jeff

Old 08-03-2006, 03:26 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
As long as it's a Ford at heart, all is well..

LOL

Joe

Old 08-04-2006, 08:27 AM
1996pwrstrk
Cargo Master
Why don't we do this , anyone who can't bring thier Ford or like in my dad's case can't bring them all take a picture and bring them with you, we'll set up a table for everyone to see all of our rides.

Dave

Old 08-04-2006, 08:47 AM
Calli
Senior User

Dave, thanks for the PM but I don't think I can make the August meet. I need to make trip to Northern Va. the end of the month to see grandaughters (from my daughter) and then to San Diego the first week in Sept for the birth of the first grandaughter of my son and daughter-in-law. Got too much going. They live too far apart.This retirement is killing me. Best to all and hope there is a good turnout. I would like to meet the rest of the guys soon. Carroll

Old 08-04-2006, 10:19 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Carroll, sorry you can't join us, be safe in your travels and catch us next time.

Jeff

Old 08-04-2006, 11:12 AM
Calli
Senior User

Thanks Jeff, Hope you are staying warm in S. Ar. (Stupid statement, Huh?) Best to you, Carroll

Old 08-04-2006, 07:58 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by Calli
Thanks Jeff, Hope you are staying warm in S. Ar. (Stupid statement, Huh?) Best to you, Carroll
Went to a 2 PM funeral today.99 in the shade. I think someone was looking out for us though, a cloud covered the sun and a little breeze picked up for about 30 minutes. What a lifesaver that was.
The heat has been tough lately, especially since I work in the field. Try to start as soon as there is enough light to see and quit by noon. I always wanted to go north in the summer to get away from the heat, don't know how far a person would have to go this year to escape. Seems like the triple digits have reached into Canada.
Jeff

Old 08-06-2006, 10:05 AM
tojoski
Posting Guru
anybody else planin on doing any fishing? maybe if we catch enough we can fry some up

wishful thinkin

Old 08-06-2006, 01:53 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
I have caught some fish in the buffalo before, but good luck catching enough to eat.

Jeff

Old 08-08-2006, 11:47 AM
sportscoupe
New User
New guy

Hey,
I just requested membership, hope to see you all sometime. I'm in Russellville, used to live up in that neck of the woods between Yellville & Harrison.
Fortunately I'm off work on Aug 26, so I will make up the difference on the reservation cost if we need to.
Waiting on more info, let me know if I can do something else.
Brian

Old 08-08-2006, 04:01 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Brian. Welcome to the forum.

Old 08-09-2006, 08:18 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Hi brian, welcome from the lower part of the state

Now seriously fellows, what are we going to do on the 26th besides look at each other and shoot the bull about trucks? I'm not a little feller and where I come from when we get together there is always enuff food to feed at least an army. Gawd, I just hope it cools down some before then. I'll bring a large shop fan anyway, it'll help keep the bugs away. I can't wait to head north, just don't want to come back home. Don't know how far a fellow would have to go north this year for some cool though.
Jeff

Old 08-09-2006, 08:55 PM
jimkidd
Elder User
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
Hi brian, welcome from the lower part of the state

Now seriously fellows, what are we going to do on the 26th besides look at each other and shoot the bull about trucks? I'm not a little feller and where I come from when we get together there is always enuff food to feed at least an army. Gawd, I just hope it cools down some before then. I'll bring a large shop fan anyway, it'll help keep the bugs away. I can't wait to head north, just don't want to come back home. Don't know how far a fellow would have to go north this year for some cool though.
Jeff
Well, we've had two meets and I've carried food home both times. So yeah, bring food everybody! Bring what you like and double it! If we all do that we should get plenty to eat. There's also the truck talk and such. Pictures... Lies... half truths... you know that kind of stuff.

It's been fun both times.

jimbo

Quick Reply: August Meet