North Carolina Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:Benztechnc

how bout it girls oops!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 10:54 PM
SuperSnake
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SCWIDVICIOUS
Smelly and running rough...no prob...lol Hey Swamp! were all just normal people here. Mine uses a bit of oil, and will fog out mosquitos if its hot and not been started for an hour or so. For about the first minute or so it runs really rich.

Vaccume, hey we can help ya with that. Depending on how it all goes...we could possibly bring it here and stick it in my shop in the AC and dig around. unless its top is too tall. I think my door is 8 feet tall. I have a large yard too..lol

Im game for it. the only ting I dont have in the shop is seating and TV.
Hey as long as the fridge is stocked that you keep a chain and lock around in your shop we're set

Old 07-25-2006, 11:03 PM
SCWIDVICIOUS
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol....i can put a couple seats in there, thats not a prob. i have 3 of those fold up fishing chairs, a love seat, and a few other chairs besides. The fridge? which one..lol I have one in the kitchen and one in the basement..lol

What kind of drinks yall want?

Old 07-25-2006, 11:16 PM
slash31938
Posting Guru
im game for a meet... it would be nice. a pot-luck type thing at someones place would be great.

smelly and running rough... those arent very nice things to say to a person, now are they?

Old 07-25-2006, 11:44 PM
SuperSnake
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by SCWIDVICIOUS
lol....i can put a couple seats in there, thats not a prob. i have 3 of those fold up fishing chairs, a love seat, and a few other chairs besides. The fridge? which one..lol I have one in the kitchen and one in the basement..lol

What kind of drinks yall want?
The wet kind LOL

Old 07-26-2006, 06:22 AM
swamp fox
Senior User
lol awesome. Mine is just a 4x2 so clearance shouldn't be a problem. I found the location of the leak but I just really gotta rip the dash apart to get to that. Not a problem. I think I can manage that part and really needs to be done anyway before monkeying with the carb tuning.

Air conditioned shop and lexington bbq... man what a tempting offer.

Old 07-26-2006, 01:10 PM
SuperSnake
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by swamp fox
lol awesome. Mine is just a 4x2 so clearance shouldn't be a problem. I found the location of the leak but I just really gotta rip the dash apart to get to that. Not a problem. I think I can manage that part and really needs to be done anyway before monkeying with the carb tuning.

Air conditioned shop and lexington bbq... man what a tempting offer.
Where was the leak?

Old 07-26-2006, 01:13 PM
swamp fox
Senior User
Originally Posted by Old Tired Rebel
Where was the leak?
You know the slide for the heat/ac controls in the dash? That's a vaccuum based control... anyway that slider just freely moves back and forth loosely with no resistance at all. And the telltale vaccuum hiss is coming from those controls.

I had the center panel out, along with the stereo, but couldn't get at the heat/ac controls from there. It's kind of weird how those controls are put in. It looks like I gotta get a lot more of the dash out to get at the back of those controls. But it is definitely vaccuum. You can clearly hear it hiss when the engine is running and then for a few seconds after you shut the engine off until it quietly tapers off to silence.

Until that leak and any others are fixed there is not much point in monkeying with the carb or the spark advance.

Old 07-26-2006, 01:17 PM
SuperSnake
Post Fiend
You know the slide for the heat/ac controls in the dash? That's a vaccuum based control... anyway that slider just freely moves back and forth loosely with no resistance at all. And the telltale vaccuum hiss is coming from those controls.

I had the center panel out, along with the stereo, but couldn't get at the heat/ac controls from there. It's kind of weird how those controls are put in. It looks like I gotta get a lot more of the dash out to get at the back of those controls. But it is definitely vaccuum. You can clearly hear it hiss when the engine is running and then for a few seconds after you shut the engine off until it quietly tapers off to silence.

Until that leak and any others are fixed there is not much point in monkeying with the carb or the spark advance.
I never thought of that.Have you tried removing the inside of your glove box? you might be able to access from there to the heater controls

Old 07-26-2006, 01:43 PM
swamp fox
Senior User
Now that I have my Jetta back I can more thoroughly tear the F150 apart without time constraints. So I did the quick & easy teardown first just to see if I could get at it (nope) and probably tonight I'll start a more thorough teardown of the dash.

Old 07-26-2006, 02:21 PM
SuperSnake
Post Fiend
Now that I have my Jetta back I can more thoroughly tear the F150 apart without time constraints. So I did the quick & easy teardown first just to see if I could get at it (nope) and probably tonight I'll start a more thorough teardown of the dash.
Let us know how it goes.

Old 07-26-2006, 04:14 PM
artj66
Senior User
Another get together sounds good to me. Anytime, anyplace...except for the last week of August. I'm headed up to Connecticut to visit friends and family with the baby, and we're taking him on his first trip to Yankee Stadium.
I'd say we go for either mid-August or early September, set a date now so more people can plan to make it. Rebel...what's the plan for your move?

-AJ

Old 07-26-2006, 04:30 PM
SuperSnake
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by artj66
Another get together sounds good to me. Anytime, anyplace...except for the last week of August. I'm headed up to Connecticut to visit friends and family with the baby, and we're taking him on his first trip to Yankee Stadium.
I'd say we go for either mid-August or early September, set a date now so more people can plan to make it. Rebel...what's the plan for your move?

-AJ
Art right now it's all up in the air so to speak I'm still waiting for my lease so I can have the power turned on next week but I haven't gotten it.I was looking at another house in Lexington but couldn't get it someone else rented it.So unless I get the lease I'm waiting on I will be staying where I am at. But I will not let that stop me from going to another meet.

Old 07-26-2006, 05:33 PM
MAKO314
Cargo Master
hello boys, whats up. had to hit the rack last night. anybody thought of PM ing some of are members other than our "little" group. a lot of them probably do not know we're planning another meet

Old 07-26-2006, 05:36 PM
SuperSnake
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by MAKO314
hello boys, whats up. had to hit the rack last night. anybody thought of PM ing some of are members other than our "little" group. a lot of them probably do not know we're planning another meet
Hey Whats the plan Where & when ? Call me when you have a chance.

Old 07-26-2006, 05:36 PM
swamp fox
Senior User
If my baby has already come and it's been long enough for me to be away from home for a day, I will be there. If the baby is not here yet or it's too close to the delivery I won't make it.

Baby is due Aug 20 but doctor checked momma out today and is betting on next week.

Quick Reply: how bout it girls oops!!