Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Tennessee Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-24-2006, 10:31 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
More news: I got a job, people

Unless I massively blow it somehow - things are going to be looking better at my end. I'm involved in the wonderful world of Motor Homes (AKA: RV's), and so far it looks like the perfect place for me.

I'll be working some days on weekends, and there will eventually be tech schools that I will be away for. Does this mean I'll be dropping out of FTE? No.

Does this mean I'll be less of a chapter leader? Far from it.

I expect it will mean that I'm going to buy one whole TRUCKLOAD of tools, and lots of parts for the projects I have wanted to get moving on again for the last two freaking years, so stand by to hear about some wild stuff going on out my way...

Good grief, I might even get my driveway paved before too much longer!!! I won't have to design an off-road floor jack now...

Last edited by Greywolf; 07-24-2006 at 10:38 PM.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:06 AM
Post Fiend

lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.
Congrats on the new job.
Old 07-25-2006, 05:17 PM
Posting Guru

Fifty4F100 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Fifty4F100 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
You going to be at the one in Brighton or Frayser (or other!)?
06 Saturn Vue
03 Nissan Altima
54 F100 (sold! at least the MH has a Ford V10)
Old 07-25-2006, 10:14 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
Frayser as in corner of Watkins and 51.

And danged if I no sooner get hired somewhere, but I see this on the way to work:
'48 F1 bread van (with NO holes cut in the sides for dumb windows!) that could be had for a mere $3500 to $4000...

Pics are in this thread in the ranger forum:
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/sh...8&postcount=29

Last edited by Greywolf; 07-25-2006 at 10:32 PM.
Old 07-26-2006, 07:01 PM
Postmaster

soondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud of
Congratulations on the new job.

Pennsylvania Chapter, Home of the Mid Atlantic Meet JOIN US HERE!

Old 07-26-2006, 08:31 PM
Posting Guru

Fifty4F100 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Fifty4F100 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greywolf
Frayser as in corner of Watkins and 51.

And danged if I no sooner get hired somewhere, but I see this on the way to work:
'48 F1 bread van (with NO holes cut in the sides for dumb windows!) that could be had for a mere $3500 to $4000...

Pics are in this thread in the ranger forum:
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/sh...8&postcount=29
1.) I grew up about 3 blocks from that RV dealership!

2.) Are you interested in the panel? I've got a big place for junk now!!
06 Saturn Vue
03 Nissan Altima
Old 07-27-2006, 10:41 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

1) It's under new management - and from what I see and hear it's a major improvement.

2) If the 48 is still around in a few months, I'd love to bag it for my stable. If you're interested, PM me for directions to the guys place... I'll have to pin down where it is on a map, it's kinda out towards 'Shake Rag'.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:08 PM
Senior User

300-6 is starting off with a positive reputation.
How's the new job doing?
Old 08-01-2006, 07:38 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Pretty good really - I guess I've exceeded some folks expectations. I wish I knew a lot more though...

I usually figure that it takes me about five years to get anything really new down pat, but the thing about this is that I know all of this stuff - I just haven't seen it put together in quite this way...

Sort of...

Anyway, tonight I'm sitting down to the first couple of beers I've had in about seven weeks. I wasn't going to, but I decided the crisis was over and I was just plain thirsty! It's bound to help me unbend a little bit.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:40 PM
Quiet Lurker

theologian has a good reputation on FTE.theologian has a good reputation on FTE.theologian has a good reputation on FTE.
RV's are fun things to work on... I spent the last year, at an RV repair facility, in Washington... So all my tags, are WA, 'cept the F250, which still sports Tennessee plates.

and a few other things - Mack truck, Iveco truck, Freightliner truck, Mahindra 4025, Mechron, grasshopper...
Old 08-06-2006, 10:51 AM
Pestiferous Nuisance

You ain't gonna believe the little buggy I'm planning to ****** up for basic transpo next...

Its about a 1993 Subaru Sprint (AKA GEO METRO) that has been offered to me @ $200.oo

I think the only thing it needs is a thirty five dollar timing belt.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:31 AM
Senior User

300-6 is starting off with a positive reputation.
For the Money You can't beat that. Plus the gas saving's would have to be worth it.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:11 PM
Posting Guru

(Here comes a cheap shot!)

Greywolf if you see an encredibile deal on a Motorhome let me know. I have a small travel trailer, but I really want a motorhome. I might settle for a larger TT.
06 Saturn Vue
03 Nissan Altima
Old 08-07-2006, 08:21 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

I'll keep my ears open. But you know this is true: A dealership IS GOING TO make their commission money...

On the flip side, we get trade-ins, and not necessarily RV's. I know (for example) where I can potentially lay my hands on a $38,000 Dodge dually for a mere $8,000. I also can get a pontoon boat for five grand...

But I didn't say nuthin', you didn't see me, nobody can prove anything...

Shhhhhh!

I'm still looking over how stuff works, and if I go too bootleg I could get (S)-canned from the best job I've ever had. There is a clause in my contract that states I will not undermine, compete with, or otherwise detract from the profits of my employer.

I will say this much though - the perks and connections are OUTSTANDING!!!
Old 08-08-2006, 07:24 AM
Post Fiend

lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.
Get the Geo. We have one. Its a great mpg car.About 55mpg on the highway.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:24 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Tennessee Chapter