Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Tennessee Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Neal 97 250

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-23-2006, 08:42 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
Machine Shops

- I'm going to be looking around the Atoka/Millington area for one with good quality and reasonable rates. Post recommendations in this thread no matter what part of the state you are in...

I'd like to find one run by someone who's been doing it for years, just like the old timers that ran sprint cars my Pop used to know.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:05 AM
Post Fiend

tex25025 has much to be proud oftex25025 has much to be proud oftex25025 has much to be proud oftex25025 has much to be proud oftex25025 has much to be proud oftex25025 has much to be proud oftex25025 has much to be proud oftex25025 has much to be proud oftex25025 has much to be proud of
Sounds like your trying to find a shade tree mechanic. Good luck on that, I used to know someone in Dallas that worked on the high end vehicles, but he had to get out of the game when everything went to computers, not many people that had vehicles without computers went to other mechanics, they wanted to do it themselves. I would imagine that's the same for most brands of vehicles, your good shade tree mechanics don't want to invest for the diagnostic equipment needed to work on the computer controlled vehicles and there isn't enough income coming in from the people that have pre-computer vehicles.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:05 PM
Senior User

300-6 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Here in The big town of Newbern, I use Roger's Machine shop, fairly regular. He does a lot of small jobs, his prices are usually pretty negotiable. Or you could give Rose machine and Tool a call, talk to billy. they do a lot of my bigger jobs. They will charge a lot more, than the small town machine shop. Let me know if you need a # and some contact info.

Ashley
Old 07-24-2006, 08:34 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by tex25025
Sounds like your trying to find a shade tree mechanic. Good luck on that, I used to know someone in Dallas that worked on the high end vehicles, but he had to get out of the game when everything went to computers, not many people that had vehicles without computers went to other mechanics, they wanted to do it themselves. I would imagine that's the same for most brands of vehicles, your good shade tree mechanics don't want to invest for the diagnostic equipment needed to work on the computer controlled vehicles and there isn't enough income coming in from the people that have pre-computer vehicles.
???????????????????????????????????????

I seem to be missing something here.

I'm looking for MACHINISTS, specifically a machine shop with at least one old time highly experienced operator who has dealt with the sometimes wild ideas the racing crowd comes up with.

I suppose I could go with Robert Gray, but I don't know where his shop is. Somewhere around Memphis, I'm sure.

And I sure have no use for a high school drop out that doesn't even have his own timing light - I've been turning wrenches for more than thirty years on more makes than there ARE anymore.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:50 PM
Posting Guru

Fifty4F100 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Fifty4F100 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Precision Motor Works on Chelsea in Memphis has been around for years. I would let them give you a quote on any engine work. Here is the Yellowpages.com listing: http://www.yellowpages.com/sp/morein...15146&q=engine

I didn't get a website when I did a Yahoo search.
06 Saturn Vue
03 Nissan Altima
54 F100 (sold! at least the MH has a Ford V10)
Old 07-24-2006, 08:58 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Sounds like a good shop. I'm going to check on Robert Gray too... There hasta be a reason the Mustang crowd around here deal with him so much.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:09 AM
Post Fiend

lariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant future
I used Precision Motor Works to build my last motor.They did good work & had fair prices
Old 07-25-2006, 06:09 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Tennessee Chapter

Tags
37027, brentwood, computer, ford, jobs, machine, pre, shop, small, tn, truck