Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Aerostar
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Aerostar Ford Aerostar

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-23-2006, 06:28 PM
Senior User

Mormakil is starting off with a positive reputation.
Aerostar Camper

I have a 91 VW Vanagon, not a camper model, I've been thinking about converting it to a camper, then I wondered how the Aerostar would look/function as a camper. Found this:

http://www.countryhomescampers.com/aerostarcross.htm

The Aerostar would certainly have more power/top speed than the Vanagon, even with the additional weight of cabinets, etc.

Anyone done any major mods to your Aerostar interiors? I really like the pop-top.

M
Old 07-24-2006, 11:06 AM
Senior User

fud24682000 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Aero Camper

I was on here about a year ago asking about a camper conversion, but didn't find the California outfit you did, and didn't find much interest on the part of other Aero owners. Thanks for finding that. Locally I've seen 2 Aeros with raised tops, but they looked like they had been adapted from other applications. The popup idea makes more sense since a permanently raised top would cut gas mileage.
On a low budget, I've thought of getting Westfalia parts from a junkyard VW to adapt to an Aero, but never got very far with the idea.
My own preference would be for a unit that could be removable (slide in) when necessary, so that the Aero could also be used for hauling, but I guess that would complicate the plumbing, etc.
Ray Mac
Old 07-24-2006, 02:13 PM
Elder User

VanGo is starting off with a positive reputation.
Here's an option.
http://www.autohomeus.com/gallery/ford.php
Old 07-24-2006, 02:13 PM