Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Colorado Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Colorado Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: RIKIL

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-22-2006, 10:54 PM
Freshman User

Merton Leeper is starting off with a positive reputation.
Sylvania Silverstars

I have always wanted to do a mod on my lights because they just are not bright enough at night. My whole Winter is spent driving two to three days per week to Elevenmile Reservoir to ice fish. It is dark when I start and dark when I get home. Has anyone tried Sylvania Silverstars on their vehicle? Which part is the correct one for a 2001 F-150 Supercrew Lariat? And where is the best place to get them? Mert
Born in Kansas City, MS, April 26, 2001 - 2001 F-150 Screw Lariat GEN III, 4X4 Off Road 5.4, 3.55 LS W/265-70-R17's (Bridgestone Dueller Revo's), Color is Dark Highland Green & Gold (factory repaint in custom shop 2004); 2006 Aero Turbine SI/SO full Catback Exhaust & aFe Air Intake system.
Old 07-23-2006, 12:07 AM
Posting Guru

jpjahn has a good reputation on FTE.jpjahn has a good reputation on FTE.
http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProd...on/default.htm
I have silverstars right now in my truck. They are ok, but after doing some research, I think the Xtra-vision are a better value. Same brightness as silverstar, last longer, and are cheaper. A good place to get headlights would be at schucks or whatever the name of your local store is. http://www.partsamerica.com. Number should be 9007
Old 07-23-2006, 12:13 PM
Freshman User

Merton Leeper is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks for the information. I will do research on the net. Never heard of Xtra-vision but have an open mind and will consider them. Again, thanks for the part #. Mert
Born in Kansas City, MS, April 26, 2001 - 2001 F-150 Screw Lariat GEN III, 4X4 Off Road 5.4, 3.55 LS W/265-70-R17's (Bridgestone Dueller Revo's), Color is Dark Highland Green & Gold (factory repaint in custom shop 2004); 2006 Aero Turbine SI/SO full Catback Exhaust & aFe Air Intake system.
Old 07-23-2006, 12:13 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Colorado Chapter