Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Montana Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Montana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: jredline1984

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-22-2006, 11:07 PM
Posting Guru

big hoss 29 has a great reputation on FTE.big hoss 29 has a great reputation on FTE.big hoss 29 has a great reputation on FTE.big hoss 29 has a great reputation on FTE.big hoss 29 has a great reputation on FTE.
What a day!

Today my fiance' and I went to the Lewis and Clark event at Pompey's pillar. They had Crow dancer's and exhibit's all over the place. The best part was the FOOD!! I tried my first funnel cake today, (like I need them). They were supposed to have a fly-over of F-16's, but they got cancelled. After I climbed to the top of Pomp's pillar, and realizing how out of shape I am and watering the flowers with the sweat off my forehead, I was amazed at the view. It was great.

How's your summer going? Anyone else having a good summer like me? Let us know how it's going. Let's wake the HPD's up guys.

"get away from me you unlucky jerk before your luck rubs off on me!"
Old 07-31-2006, 07:40 PM
Post Fiend

Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.
I get to travel all over Eastern Montana and basically see how dry it is... haven't seen much in the way of grasshoppers though... a few spotty economic populations (greater than 8.5 hoppers/square yard) but mostly in good shape. I've seen tons of new country, lived here my whole life and never been nearly as far as I have just this summer. I found some serious mule deer hunting around Ekalaka that I'll be pursuing come the last Sunday in October. I can't wait, I saw so many huge deer and antelope out that way. Other than work I've been riding my motorcycle a lot so not much time for anything else.

How is that .45 treating you? I just picked up a Ruger 99/44 Deerfield carbine in .44 magnum... thats a fun gun to shoot.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:43 PM
Posting Guru

big hoss 29 has a great reputation on FTE.big hoss 29 has a great reputation on FTE.big hoss 29 has a great reputation on FTE.big hoss 29 has a great reputation on FTE.big hoss 29 has a great reputation on FTE.
Anyone that tells you that a Rock Island is a bad gun, ignore them. I've fired about 500 rounds through mine and it hasn't given me any trouble, no jams, nothing. The last time I went was with my Dad and we took my M-1 Garand along and he was impressed with how accurate the .45 was.

Old 08-01-2006, 07:50 PM
Post Fiend

Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.
Thats good to hear... I just got my tuition bill... I don't think I'll be buying any guns for a long freakin' time... I would like to acquire an M14 or M1 Garand... or maybe a compromise with the M1A... I don't know which to choose...
Old 08-01-2006, 08:18 PM
Posting Guru

You can get a rack grade M-1 through the CMP for about $500. I hear what your'e saying about tuition bills. My fiance' just got hers a couple of weeks ago. I took one look at the bill and was instantly happy I chose to stay stupid and uneducated, it's cheaper that way.

Old 08-02-2006, 08:16 PM
Post Fiend

How do you get one through the CMP... I've read their site... you have to be a member of some club or something to get one. I'd find $500 to buy one if they were that feasible.

Yea... I go to school and my job pays $11 an hour... a friend chose your route and makes $26 an hour working construction. Although, I'll have a fat cat government job waiting for me when I get out of school (thats what I'm doing now, just on a temporary basis) and I'll be retired and living the good life at 55.

I do have a job interview at Security Armored Express on Friday though... I hope I get that one... actually as long as I never work at wal mart again I'll be happy.
Old 08-02-2006, 08:38 PM
Posting Guru

I got my M-1 from a sporting goods store in Reno before I moved up here. I paid $450 for mine but the stock needed to be replaced right off so it actually cost me $650 after I got a new stock.

I'm not really sure how the CMP deal works, but I can find out and let you know as I'm thinking of getting a Springfield Armory rifle.

Old 08-02-2006, 08:38 PM