Help Installing Gauge Cluster

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 02:52 AM
markbart1980
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help Installing Gauge Cluster

Ok guys I need help I have a 6.6l 400ci and I was told to get a aftermarket oil pressure gauge to monitor. I thought since I was in need of one I would get a 3 gauge cluster (oil, temp, volts). I looked at the packaging seemed easy enough. Went out to my truck and took my dash apart. I then realized that I need copper wire to get power to the gauges and so went back to the parts store. Came back and have no idea were the oil and water lines are to go, or how and were to connect into a power source as it doesn't look like the diagram at all. Please help, I know that most of you guys have then so I thought it would be much easier then it is turning out to be.

Old 07-28-2006, 11:55 PM
drunknmudder77
Junior User
At the time I put a water temp in my Bronco, the factory didnt work but, I just took one of the plugs out of the water neck & used the right fittings from the kit. Found a spot in the truck & ran the line through a hole behind the fact. gauges in the fire wall. The oil pressure went in where the stock sending unit went on the top rear of the block above the bellhousing. After a while I moved the gauges & put my tach on the a pillar.

Old 07-28-2006, 11:57 PM
roger dowty
Posting Guru
the wiring will go to the sending units on the motor- and that should be in place to go to the original gauge...right? So why wouldn't you use the wiring thats in place?

As you have found...electrical stuff can be pain...you can get a repair manual from haynes or chilton that will have wiring diagrams...that probably won't help from the sounds of it.

Search the '73-'79 ford truck forum for guage or guage installation...I'm out