Rubber lines?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 08:10 PM
bterry
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I searched the Gates site, and can't find anything on XL hoses, just belts. I'll bet those Gates hoses aren't rubber.
Originally Posted by flyboyd8
FYI, I am up in the Cooperstown area, I plan on comming down to the Giant scale Model Airplane event next weekend at the Chenango Bridge Airfield. I plan on camping there Fri. and Sat. evening.
bterry,
FYI, I am up in the Cooperstown area, I plan on comming down to the Giant scale Model Airplane event next weekend at the Chenango Bridge Airfield. I plan on camping there Fri. and Sat. evening.
No kidding! Have you seen this post?
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/5...th-2006-a.html
You should really consider stoping by. The NY Chapter Leader (Ronin007) plans to be there, and Ken (FTE Owner) may be sending a couple of goodies for us to share.

Old 08-06-2006, 08:13 PM
bterry
Elder User
I searched the Gates site and can't find anything on XL hoses, just belts. I'll bet they are not rubber if recommended for WVO.
No kidding! Have you seen this post?
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/5...th-2006-a.html
You should really consider stoping by. The NY Chapter Leader (Ronin007) plans to be there, and Ken (FTE Owner) may be sending a couple of goodies for us to share.

Old 08-07-2006, 06:48 AM
leskwvo
Senior User
The Bus Boy, asked if when he uses WVO,will rubber lines be OK,as I read the post after his guestion,all remarks were still for BioDiesel.

Please clarify, If I and Bus Boy are going to run "WVO" ,Will the rubber fuel lines be OK.

Flyboyd8
If you never plan on running Bio then any fuel line will be fine for WVO.

I use Aeroquip Socketless hose and fittings made by Eaton. They are press lock and need no clamps. Cost a bunch more but I never have to worry about air leaks.

Last edited by leskwvo; 08-07-2006 at 06:54 AM.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:43 AM
flyboyd8
Senior User
bterry, just looked at the post, sorry I will be busy at the airfield both days.

Erick, Thank you for clearing up the full line Questions.

Old 09-01-2006, 11:45 AM
aquariansun
New User
We have no special preparations yet for BD...and I want to know if I can just start using it. I am aware of this need to change out the fuel filters in the beginning. How about neoprene seals? Will they be affected negatively by B99/B100?
Also, what about a type of fuel injector- my auto shop told me I need to get another kind for BD & I didn't know what he was talking about.
Truck we have: '96 7.3 PSD F250
Thanks-

Old 09-01-2006, 02:27 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by aquariansun
We have no special preparations yet for BD...and I want to know if I can just start using it. I am aware of this need to change out the fuel filters in the beginning. How about neoprene seals? Will they be affected negatively by B99/B100?
Also, what about a type of fuel injector- my auto shop told me I need to get another kind for BD & I didn't know what he was talking about.
Truck we have: '96 7.3 PSD F250
Thanks-
Welcome to FTE You do not need to change your Injectors or your fuel lines on your ford. You are good to go with any blend of Biodiesel.

FABMANDELUX.

Old 09-01-2006, 02:46 PM
aquariansun
New User
Smile Thanks, further question...

Hi, thank you so much for your prompt reply. I am SUPER excited about the prospect of using biodiesel, As you can imagine, since I am not alone (my husband and I share the truck, and will be taking it to Mexico with us when we move there next week), and it is mainly me who is driving this interest in BD, I am very concerned about any potential issues that might arise and want to be informed before we make the switch. We have a couple local pumps and I'd like to get started asap.
Don't get me wrong, my husband is very keen on the idea of saving $$ by even being able to "brew our own" down there, or do the WVO extra tank thing when we're feeling a little more confident and experienced...but we don't have a lot of spare cash to mess around with any big repairs if we do it poorly. So I'd appreciate any mechanical tips you can share on beginning to use BD.
I should mention that we just bought the truck earlier this month, and we just had to replace the fuel pump and some o-rings and seals b/c it was leaking diesel and it had been pooling in the (valley?) below the engine.

Old 09-01-2006, 03:21 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
After 1994 ford started using synthetic fuel lines in all their diesels, so you should have no problems with your truck. One thing you can do, is install a cheap "see-through" filter inline before your main fuel filter, so you can see if any "crud" is in your fuel. Keep a spare in the glove box in case it starts to look nasty.

Try reading here first, it is a great site and will explain much to you and hubby: http://www.biodieselcommunity.org

Good luck!

FABMANDELUX.

Old 09-01-2006, 03:31 PM
aquariansun
New User
Smile Thanks again.

Hi, thanks again for your help, we will check out the site and I will let him know about the filter idea. We'll let you know how it goes for us.