Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners Tonneau cover, caps, racks, canopies, shells, etc.SPONSORED BY:
Click Here

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-19-2006, 11:50 PM
Senior User

RockyMtnRanger is starting off with a positive reputation.
TruXedo TruXport Roll-up Tonneau

Ref: TruXedo TruXport Roll-up Tonneau

These are advertised as a flat tonneau with flat supporting bows. I don't like the covered wagon look, but I haven't seen this model installed on a truck. Does anyone have one of these on their SD F250 long box? Is it truely a flat type of tonneau? Thanks for any info.

Marty
Early 99 F250 7.3 4x4 Lariat LB SD - DP Tuner, CCV, V10 tranny cooler, 6637, TC lock switch, bunch of LED's, HID headlights, rear/front camera's, Pioneer AVIC-D1 GPS, Oil Guard Bypass, SS HPX, turbo back 4" SS exhaust into Heavy Parts International stacks, Autometer gauges, Zoodad, air horns, new stock chrome wheels...
Old 07-20-2006, 03:44 AM
Senior User

Mark _G is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Mark _G is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I don't have the same brand, mine's an Extang, but I think it's similar in design:

Click the image to open in full size.

Not sure if this helps you or not!

Mark
2006 F350 6.0 -ARP studs-garrett powermax-bulletproof diesel EGR cooler-accufab intake elbow-MBRP exhaust-isspro gauges-dieselsite coolant filter-bilstein 5100 shocks/steering stabilizer-m/t baja mtz tires

Last edited by Mark _G; 07-20-2006 at 04:02 AM.
Old 07-20-2006, 09:56 AM
Super Moderator

Racerguy is a splendid one to beholdRacerguy is a splendid one to beholdRacerguy is a splendid one to beholdRacerguy is a splendid one to beholdRacerguy is a splendid one to beholdRacerguy is a splendid one to beholdRacerguy is a splendid one to beholdRacerguy is a splendid one to behold
I've got a Truxedo LoPro on my F350 longbox and it's great.
After driving on dusty roads you can see where the support bows are because the dust shows it but otherwise you don't know they are there.
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:12 AM
Senior User

Thanks Mark what model is your Extang? Racerguy that is exactly what I needed to see. Thanks a bunch for the responses. I'll be getting one very shortly for my LB F250. I just hate the covered wagon look and both of these look good.
Early 99 F250 7.3 4x4 Lariat LB SD - DP Tuner, CCV, V10 tranny cooler, 6637, TC lock switch, bunch of LED's, HID headlights, rear/front camera's, Pioneer AVIC-D1 GPS, Oil Guard Bypass, SS HPX, turbo back 4" SS exhaust into Heavy Parts International stacks, Autometer gauges, Zoodad, air horns, new stock chrome wheels...

Last edited by RockyMtnRanger; 07-20-2006 at 10:14 AM.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:56 PM
Senior User

Mark _G is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Mark _G is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
It's an Extang RT. I really had no idea which one to get, and ended up buying it from Summit Racing because I wanted to get it fast for a trip I was going on. I wish it was a little tighter fitting, but it works pretty well. I've seen it for sale in Sportsman's guide for a lot less a week or so ago.

Racerguy's is real nice looking.

Mark
2006 F350 6.0 -ARP studs-garrett powermax-bulletproof diesel EGR cooler-accufab intake elbow-MBRP exhaust-isspro gauges-dieselsite coolant filter-bilstein 5100 shocks/steering stabilizer-m/t baja mtz tires

Old 07-20-2006, 10:02 PM
Senior User

I started this thread because I can get a good deal on a Truxedo. Most important thing I was looking for was answered by you guys. Really appreciate it.

Marty
Old 07-21-2006, 12:58 AM
Super Moderator

Racerguy is a splendid one to beholdRacerguy is a splendid one to beholdRacerguy is a splendid one to beholdRacerguy is a splendid one to beholdRacerguy is a splendid one to beholdRacerguy is a splendid one to beholdRacerguy is a splendid one to beholdRacerguy is a splendid one to behold
Marty in the next few days there should be an article on here, in the articles section (link at the top of the page), about the Truxedo. I took some pictures when I installed mine so if you're curious about what it's like to install etc you might want to take a look at that when it's posted. It's really easy to install.
Another good thing about Truxedo is that they are a site sponsor here
Old 07-21-2006, 11:03 AM
Senior User

Thanks Dave, I'll be sure to take a look at it. That would be helpful info to store away in the old gray matter.
Old 07-21-2006, 11:03 AM