Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2007+ Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-18-2006, 07:00 PM
Junior User

fordfanatic05 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Cool Overspeed Chime?!

Has anyone Read the Owners manual for the 2007 Expy.?
It's intersting and everything..

BUT It Stated that You cant go over 75 MPH! without overspeed warning chime from sounding?! That's Crazy! Being that 90 is a crawl on Atlanta highways
Right next to where it Describes the overspeed chime It States (if Equippted)

I just though i would mention it to everyone because i need a few opinions on this topic...As i dont really know what to think..

If anyone wants to see for them- self its in the beginning of the manual by the Instrument cluster information..
Old 07-19-2006, 06:49 AM
Senior User

nckracer is starting off with a positive reputation.
Where did you find the '07 owners manual?

I've been on "myford.com" and tried to enter the VIN for my '07 and it will not accept it yet.
Old 07-19-2006, 06:30 PM
Senior User

esaycho is starting off with a positive reputation.
http://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdi...CLE=Expedition

there's a link to the manual online

1996 Ford F-350 Centaurus Conversion. 7.3 PSD, ZF 5 speed
Old 07-19-2006, 06:44 PM
Junior User

Here is the Link.. It should bring you right to the 2007 expy manual but u need to have abdobe Reader thing to read the file...

www.fleet.ford.com

Then Mouse over the maintenance tab And you will find "owners manuals"
Then just pick 2007 Ford Expy.

Last edited by fordfanatic05; 07-19-2006 at 06:51 PM.
Old 07-19-2006, 06:48 PM
Junior User

hadaford is starting off with a positive reputation.
Maybe they are talking about an "exported model". I know for a fact that in Saudi-Arabia (Sp?) they require an overspeed warning starting at 75MPH.
Old 07-19-2006, 06:54 PM
Junior User

Could be.. BUT they dont mention such thing about an overspeed chime in any other 2007 ford vehicles.. (Five hundred,Fusion,Ranger,F-150, Ect)

I think maybe cause its just so damn BIG!.. That it would be unsafe to take it up and over 75??
Old 07-20-2006, 02:24 AM
Senior User

Fordtastic is starting off with a positive reputation.
If my step mothers F-250 4x4 crewcab diesel is electronicaly limited to 95mph, then im sure the new expy, is stable enough at 75+. Then again do you REALLY want something that big goin that fast? An Emergency stop would be impossible.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:09 PM

FTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputation
It can be disabled.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:51 PM
New User

z01tde is starting off with a positive reputation.
Cool Overspeed chime

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkiefus
It can be disabled.
How can you disable it? It is driving me nuts!Click the image to open in full size.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:06 AM
Senior User

carbonmetallic is starting off with a positive reputation.
the 07 expedition is plenty safe to drive over 75. I drive 80-85 regularly if there is not traffic. The auto chime from my experience is not available on any fords. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure the 07 expediton does not have it.

My wifes Saab does have the auto chime when you drive too fast, the kicker is you can set the auto chime at whatever speed you want to. When we first got her car, we had it set at 75, but it gets very annoying so we jumped it to 105 and now we rarely get the auto chime, only get it when the wife isnt around and I get to test out the car. Her car at high speeds angles the rear tires (just enough) when switching lanes or turning to improve maneveurability. I can't figure out why our domestic auto companies cannont add these type of features. In her saab you can be driving 100 and it feels as if you are going 40.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:44 AM
Junior User

Baumbach is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfanatic05
Has anyone Read the Owners manual for the 2007 Expy.?
It's intersting and everything..

BUT It Stated that You cant go over 75 MPH! without overspeed warning chime from sounding?! That's Crazy! Being that 90 is a crawl on Atlanta highways
Right next to where it Describes the overspeed chime It States (if Equippted)
The 75 MPH over speed warning chime should only be enabled on SSV Fleet Expeditions and not the ones most of us buy; the dealer should be able to enable or disable it by connecting their computer to it.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:44 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator

Tags
2008, chime, chimes, chiming, disable, enabled, expedition, fast, ford, hundred, lincoln, navigator, overspeed, started, technical, warning