1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Updated Gallery on my NEW 48 a third addition to the truck family

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 11:47 AM
sancochojoe
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Updated Gallery on my NEW 48 a third addition to the truck family

Well this is the 48 in the "The 48" picture gallery, that I've been asking questions about concerning the double clutch and the air filter. I drove to Detroit from Virginia to pick it up. Long drive but worth every bit. I just have to do some minor things on it. He also gave me a set of white walls to go with it for show.

The other trucks are a 51 parts truck and a soon to be 51 almost-hotrod truck.

On the 48, I'm debating if I should go with chrome front grill and chrome front bumper.
I decided to leave the rear wooden bumper. Its growing on me.

The guy bolted wood panels over the running board to hide the rust through, so I will replace those.

There are a lot of metal to metal connection witout seals which is rubbing the paint off so I need to fix that.

I decided not to go with power steering. I actually like the feel of the manual. I do need to rebuild or replace the gear box because there is a lot of give.

The emergency brake does not work and I might upgrade to front disk brakes.

Old 07-18-2006, 12:46 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,059 Likes on 804 Posts
Nice truck, quite a trip to get a truck. I am anxiously waiting to go pick up my '49 panel in Pennsylvania. It's going to be a 800 mile one way trip, over 12 hours in the truck with the wife and two kids just to get to the truck. Once we pick up the truck we're going to use the trip as a vacation and do a circle around the state to see attractions and meet some friends. Dick, are you ready for us?

Old 07-18-2006, 05:20 PM
Christopher2
Posting Guru
It looks to be in good shape I would have driven it home.

Old 07-18-2006, 11:37 PM
jmerson
Senior User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'48

Joe,
What a beauty! I'm redoing a '48 also but kind of like a hot rod. Dropped axle, air ride etc... If it turns out half as good as yours, I'll be happy. What did you do with the gap between the front fender and the cab? It doesn't look like there is any black showing, as in black rubber. Also I was wondering what you did with the gap between the bumper and the box? Once again, nice job.
Jim

Old 07-19-2006, 06:30 AM
sancochojoe
Senior User
I'm ordering the rubber. There is none.