Notices

Rhino Lining

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 09:59 AM
blindlightguy
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rhino Lining

So I am sure this has been covered before but the search isn't working for me.

I want to cover the floor of my cab, with a Rhino lining type product. But I would like to apply it my self.

Does any one have any good advice?

THanks,

Blindlightguy

Old 07-19-2006, 11:13 PM
Kamots
Junior User
I know you said you would like to do it yourself, but check out a shop that does the product "speedliner" . They use kevlar in the product an doing the cab floor would be like 50-75 bucks. I was qouted 700$ to do my scout all the way around. Other than that i cant help much.

Old 07-21-2006, 08:31 AM
TruckDaddy
Elder User
Take a look at LINE-X, it literally has double the tear strength of Rhino and LINE-X is the ONLY authorized user of Dupont Kevlar for spray-on bedliners. (Speedliner is not.)

The do it yourself (DIY) stuff is not as durable as the professional products. Also, if you don't do a perfect prep job, it will start coming off in 3 to 6 months.

Old 07-21-2006, 06:25 PM
Kamots
Junior User
Hmm ill have to ask the feller with the speedliner shop about that. I wasn't aware of that fact. Thanx Truckdaddy. But either way, i will be having my scout done all around with the stuff, he has really nice colors an will put in as much kevlar as i can afford to pay for...lol. G'day.

Old 07-21-2006, 06:47 PM
TruckDaddy
Elder User
I'm not trying to talk you out of Speedliner, but I think you should be an informed buyer.

Yea, Speedliner's use of Kevlar is real scientific. They open a little bottle and pour it in. If you wish to inquire, I'll hook you up the Dupont rep that trained some of us LINE-X dealers on Xtra. He is the one that told us. LINE-X and Dupont spent a year formulating Xtra.

I know a Speedliner dealer and I can tell you that they do not all use the same pigments. Some use pigments that will fade, some don't, you need to inquire with your dealer. Never the less, Speedliner's own website states that after 2,000 hours (that's less than 3 months), their liner can lose up to 20% of its gloss.

This is from another forum. The rockers were sprayed with Speedliner and the owner is complaining about fading. Here's the pics:

Old 07-22-2006, 01:50 PM
Kamots
Junior User
Yes definately something to look into. I was gonna have my superduty done like that. Not so sure now. However my scout is a trailrig-rockcrawling-mudslinging heavy beast so it dont really matter as long as it will protect it during those activities.

Old 07-23-2006, 11:52 PM
lascrew
Freshman User
I chose Line-X when doing my bed; I think I paid somewhere around $320-340.
Great quality.
[img]gallery/LASCrew/121031.jpg[/img]