Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Bronco II
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Bronco II Ford Bronco II

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-16-2006, 08:31 AM
Elder User

Avanti is starting off with a positive reputation.
89 Bronco II ignition switch

Where are the retaining screws for an 89 or 90 Bronco II ignition switch? The 88 & earlier B II"s are different. A picture would help. I asked this question months ago but got answers for an 88 and earlier. Chilton says remove the retaining screws from the studs.
Old 07-17-2006, 05:54 PM
Elder User

cylinder lock pin

Also where is the cylinder lock pin located ? I need to replace the key cylinder. I pulled every thing off & can not find the hole to push in a 1/8 inch drill bit to release the lock cylinder.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:07 PM
Post Fiend

rebocardo has much to be proud ofrebocardo has much to be proud ofrebocardo has much to be proud ofrebocardo has much to be proud ofrebocardo has much to be proud ofrebocardo has much to be proud ofrebocardo has much to be proud ofrebocardo has much to be proud ofrebocardo has much to be proud of
Hi,

This is one of the various threads on this. I believe this will help

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/sh...ition+lock+pin

> Chilton says remove the retaining screws from the studs

Don't believe everything you read in any manual, especially a Chilton's. No BII/Ranger I have worked on has retaining screws.
Old 07-19-2006, 05:55 PM
Elder User

Ignition lock replaced

Found the pin & replaced the lock on my 98 BII with tilt wheel & auto trans. Used a bent 6 inch 14 gauge copper wire to push in the pin to release the lock. You insert it through the tube like flange that points down & to the cars rear below the lock cylinder. You canít see the hole but I used the wire to feel around. It only took a few seconds. Also you do not have to pull the steering wheel. Tilt the wheel up. Pull the lower dash panel below the column that is held by 2 screws. Than remove the 2 screw holding the upper & lower steering plastic shroud. Remove the lower shroud. Push it forward & release from the grooves on the upper shroud. Than tilt the wheel down & pull off the top shroud. Maybe this will help someone else.
Old 07-19-2006, 05:55 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Bronco II

Tags
1989, 89, bronci, bronco, change, cylinder, drill, ignition, ii, illustration, ingnition, lock, pinout, remove, switch