Pennsylvania Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: liftnw8z

Bloomsburg Truck show & 1st official GTG

Old 06-24-2006, 11:52 AM
LilDuke
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bloomsburg Truck show & 1st official GTG

Taking a head count for the truck show. Plenty of parking and space to put tents up. Also would like some ideas on what you guys want to do. I know most of the time we will be over at the show, however looking for some ideas on meeting for the voting, ect. Any ideas welcome.

Dave

Old 06-25-2006, 01:28 AM
soondg
Postmaster
Count me there Dave, don't know about the camping though, i don't have any equipment and besides my wife likes air conditioning. We are discussing it. As far as what to do hopefully others check in and post some ideas. Sunday i'm going to be contacting people that posted on the other threads a while ago and will mention your place and ask for head counts.

Old 06-25-2006, 10:44 AM
LilDuke
Elder User
Showing you from Rt 80 Buckhorn exit or Rt 11, Rt 42 N (Buckhorn) exit

Once on Rt 42 Turn at Perry Ave. Rt from Right From 11 or Left From 80. Across 42 from Ricks Rusty Rudder.(Bar) 100Yds then right onto Club Avenue. Last house on left.

Click on thumbs for large pics.
Theres about 2 acres here. Very Private. I have room for a couple(few) campers as well. Also the ability to drain septic. (into my own tank.) I can't really offer any room in the house as I only have 2 bedrooms and my fiance is expecting around this time. Of course if it's raining, I won't make anyone stay outside either!

Last edited by LilDuke; 06-25-2006 at 10:47 AM.
Old 06-25-2006, 01:26 PM
79modified
Senior User
let me know when you guys are meeting I will try to be there. I dont usually go to the truck show but I would love to meet everybody.

Old 06-25-2006, 04:19 PM
DonsFx4
Elder User
Dave...nice to offer your land! I'll be stopping by on my way to Lewisburg, so would either Saturday or Sunday be better for the g2g?? I won't have time for the truck show.

Looking forward to seeing the gang! -Don

Old 06-26-2006, 04:53 PM
soondg
Postmaster
Hey Duke,
You're now official. Go to your user CP and check chapters you belong to. You other guys can now get signed up officially, Go to Pennsylvania Signups and follow the instructions.
Joe
Soondg

Old 06-26-2006, 08:15 PM
78workhorse
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hey guys, the first g2g?, movin right along. i'm working this weekend. maybe next time. stay dry, and have fun! 78 workhorse.

Old 06-26-2006, 10:21 PM
soondg
Postmaster
Workhorse,
It's not this weekend it's the weekend of july 7,8,9th, maybe you can make it then.

Old 06-27-2006, 01:51 PM
04F250PSD
Junior User
I am thinkingabout coming on Saturday only. Please let me know when you are going to meet and I will try and be there. Would like to meet you guys.

Old 06-29-2006, 01:43 AM
78workhorse
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy

my fault soodg, i'm working daylite fri, off sat, go out midnite sun. i love working these swing shifts. gotta make that coke. (for making STEEL!! come on guys, what were you thinking???????) dads b-day is on the 3rd party is on sat. so like i said before, stay dry and have fun.

Old 06-29-2006, 10:29 AM
soondg
Postmaster
78,Doing that coke would make for a real hot shot, enjoy your dad's birthday.

04, it's the weekend of July7,8,9th at LilDuke's(Dave) in Bloomsburg. Right now their under water, hope it recedes in time for the Jamboree. We may have to help Dave clean up some mud. After we slop around in it a little first.

Old 07-01-2006, 08:52 PM
soondg
Postmaster
If anybodys coming by Bloomsburg next weekend post up so we'll know. When i finally get a chance to speak to Dave we'll see what may be the best day to GTG, some of us are going to be there for the entire weekend so it shouldn't be to hard to hook up, even it is piecemeal, meet some saturday some sunday.

Old 07-02-2006, 10:43 AM
79modified
Senior User
This was in our local newspaper yesterday:BLOOMSBURG — Flood damage at the Bloomsburg Fairgrounds is so bad that the fair president has doubts the monster truck show can be held there next weekend.

But show promoters in Indianapolis are still billing the event as a go.

Fair Board President Fred Trump said Friday the show has not been canceled, and fair officials plan to talk to promoters on Monday.

"We have some monumental problems, much worse than Agnes," the 1972 flood, Trump said.

"This is at least three times worse than Agnes, when we didn't have the infrastructure damage we have today. It's extremely bad," added Trump, saying that repairs could cost hundreds of thousands of dollars.

But the promoters said 15 to 20 extra workers will arrive here with the advance team Monday, four days before the show, to help get the fairgrounds in shape.

"People plan their whole vacations around this event," Special Events spokesman Victor Ruthig said Friday. "I think the community, locally and regionally, will respond. Everybody is sick of the rain."

"It's a tremendously important date to the community of Bloomsburg and has a huge economic impact," Ruthig said.

First look at grounds

But, as water slowly retreated Friday, fair officials began to see how bad the damage is.

Fencing and gates are gone. Gaping holes and gouges are everywhere, as is debris left by the surging waters of Fishing Creek.

An engineer will have to inspect buildings and the grandstand for structural damage before people are allowed to use them.

"All I know is we have a tremendous job ahead of us," Trump said. "We can't even get any Dumpsters to come in here and take some of this debris out. They're too busy in residential areas.

"At this point, certainly with the cleanup, it seems inconceivable that this can be done," he added.

About 15 percent of the 110-acre fairground was still flooded Friday.

Water remained on the far west end of the grounds, including the stable area, where animals were removed before the creek's surge earlier this week.

The sheer power and volume of water from Fishing Creek made the damage extremely bad, Trump said. That stream rose even higher this week than it did when Agnes struck.

"What I thought might happen has happened. When I first saw the creek and how it was moving, I knew this would be bad," Trump said.

Ticket sales strong

Still, Special Events, the motor sport division of The Promotion Company in Indianapolis, had this message on a Web site:

"That's right, folks. The waters are receding and the great people of Bloomsburg are preparing for thousands of custom show trucks to start rollin' in."

It added, "As of today, we'll be up and running and ready to go. Rain or shine, we'll be there."

Advance ticket sales were running just two behind last year's pace, said Ruthig.

In 2005, 3,400 trucks participated, and 52,000 people attended, he noted.

The 19th Annual Four-Wheel Jamboree Nationals are scheduled for Friday through Sunday, July 7-9.

Leon Bogdan can be reached at 784-2121, ext. 1307, or by e-mail at leon.b@pressenterprise.net.

I just wanted to keep everyone informed, as of now the show is still on. I will watch this and let everyone know what is going on.

Old 07-02-2006, 02:22 PM
soondg
Postmaster
That was PA. Chapter news, with our man on the street 79modified. Thanks for the update, we'll stay tuned.

Old 07-02-2006, 09:02 PM
96P_Stroke4x4
Smokin'

hope it all turns out well there. i'm still not sure if i would be able to make it yet, but i'm hoping. should we all bring shovels to clean up some mud? lol

anywho, joe, remember how nice and twisted my rear bumper was? i finally got my new custom stainless bumper on. i started another post about it in the 94-97 powerstroke section

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bloomsburg Truck show & 1st official GTG