Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-11-2006, 10:55 PM
New User

B52BUFF7.3 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Question Biodiesel Fuel

Is It Safe To Use The Biodiesel B-100 In The 2002 F-350 Powerstroke ? Currently I Am Using B-20 Biodiesel, Works Just Fine. Thanx For Any Input !
Old 07-12-2006, 06:39 AM
Junior User

electrk is starting off with a positive reputation.
Its ok to run the b-100 if the temps outside are warm enough, but as it gets cooler you'll need a tank heater to keep the stuff from thickening up. Also if you have been running regular dino diesel for a long time you may run into some filter clogging issues as the b-100 will "wash" down the sludge on the walls of your fuel tank, how long have you been running the b-20 for? This may have already cleaned up your tank some.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:42 PM
New User

Thanx For The Input. I've Used B-100 Straight For About 4 Months. No Problems Whatsoever. Than Switched To B-20 Just To See The Mpg --- It Is The Same. I Did Replace The Fuel Filter After Two Full Tanks. I Was Using B-100 In The Winter Time Mixing It With The Regular Diesel 50/50. The Temp. Was As Low As -20 F Here In Denver Area ---no Jelling, No Stalling, No Tank Heater, No Problem At All. The Truck Smokes About 50 % Less With This Mixture. I'm Sure The Engine Likes The Lubrication Of This Fuel As Well As The Use Of The Schaeffer's Supreme 7000 15w40 Oil --- What A Stuff !!!!!!! Can Not Be More Happy Than This.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:56 AM
Junior User

electrk is starting off with a positive reputation.
That sounds great. I can only get the b-100 if I drive about 80-90 miles away and I don't have a storage tank yet, but I will soon I hope. I have been running b-20 for about 6 months and I have been recording about 2-3 miles per gallon better than the dino diesel alone, also after one long trip out of the area I had to run some regular diesel and when I got the b-20 back in I could hear the difference in my engine right away, actually it was my wife who mentioned it first.
I can get the b-20 closer to my home (30 miles) so I try to make it a regular trip.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:40 AM
New User

cyrus is starting off with a positive reputation.
At least you guys can get it, no one I know of around here offers it unless you have a bussiness with a corperate fueling plan at one of the commercial fueling stations. Friends of our family own a Farm Services Company, they are producing and running B-100 in there own trucks, but can only sell B-20, but they like the commercial stations need to have a commercial fueling account. Something about the road tax in Michigan.

I did talk him into one full tank of the 100, The engine did seem to like the fuel better than the petro based stuff. Quieter, and better average milage (up by .8 MPG on the HW).
Old 07-13-2006, 02:47 PM
Site Administrator

IB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputation
...Welcome to Ford Truck Enthusiasts!

See you on the boards. ….
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

When you are down...look up...get up...and don't ever give up....
Old 07-28-2006, 04:44 PM
New User

harleydiesel is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have a 06 psd with very few miles but cannot locate b-100 anywhere close. Thought about making it myself but when I research I feel I need a chemistry degree has anyone on here tried making it themselves. thank Matt
Old 07-28-2006, 11:25 PM
Junior User

twjull is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have been running B-100 for almost a year in Arizona in my 2002 F250 PSD. I started using it at 85K miles and now have 100k. After the second full tank fill the truck expelled one huge cloud of black smoke while excellerating onto the freeway and that was it. It was like it cleared the build up out of the injecters or whereever and now The engine runs a lot quieter and smoother and I have had no negative effects on the truck. It's also nice to know you are cutting down on emmisions and help the brown cloud. Here in AZ it averages about $0.20 a gallon more than petroleum diesel but it's worth it for the environment!
Old 07-29-2006, 01:23 AM
Postmaster

ryaneverk2 has a great reputation on FTE.ryaneverk2 has a great reputation on FTE.ryaneverk2 has a great reputation on FTE.ryaneverk2 has a great reputation on FTE.ryaneverk2 has a great reputation on FTE.
Hi guys, I've moved the thread to the Biodiesel section. The guys and gals here know everything there is to know about biodiesel, wvo, and other fuels.
My Truck Pics
Old 07-29-2006, 08:00 PM
Postmaster

bigredtruckmi has a good reputation on FTE.bigredtruckmi has a good reputation on FTE.bigredtruckmi has a good reputation on FTE.
Harleydiesel, unless you have 100K on the truck. FYI - Ford's position is B5 max. For what reason I don't know, but warranty could be voided.
Old 07-29-2006, 10:40 PM
Junior User

Could it be because Ford is taking orders from Oil Companies???? Hate to spread conspiracy theories but!!!!
Old 07-29-2006, 11:11 PM
Postmaster

1997F-350 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.1997F-350 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrus
At least you guys can get it, no one I know of around here offers it unless you have a bussiness with a corperate fueling plan at one of the commercial fueling stations. Friends of our family own a Farm Services Company, they are producing and running B-100 in there own trucks, but can only sell B-20, but they like the commercial stations need to have a commercial fueling account. Something about the road tax in Michigan.

I did talk him into one full tank of the 100, The engine did seem to like the fuel better than the petro based stuff. Quieter, and better average milage (up by .8 MPG on the HW).
you can get an account. i have one at a cfn. there is cfn all over the west coast. probably similar there. look into it you may be suprised.
wanted: 97 350 XLT 4x4 REG CAB 5SP with less than 120k. C5,C9 OR 35,39 Does not matter. little to no mods done prefered. willing to pay premium$$$hoping to build another monster. doing the injectors myself this time with my OWN kit....no plain white trucks.NO CALI TRUCKS EITHER
Old 07-30-2006, 06:36 AM
Postmaster

bigredtruckmi has a good reputation on FTE.bigredtruckmi has a good reputation on FTE.bigredtruckmi has a good reputation on FTE.
I just read that they are concerned about cold weather operability, fuel tank liner separation and that there is NO fuel specification for B20 but there is for B100. Go figure - If there is specs for both fuels then why can't you blend them?

Last edited by bigredtruckmi; 07-30-2006 at 06:40 AM.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:46 AM
Junior User

B20 is a blend of 20% bio with 80% petrolieum deisel. Blending B20 and B100 is possible but it would be redundant to do so!
Old 07-30-2006, 11:26 AM
New User

Come Colder Weather The Mixing Of B100 With The Regular Diesel As 60% Of B 100 & 40% Of Petroleum #2 Diesel Is Something That I Was Doing Last Winter To Prevent Jelling. Did That For The 5 Months 0r So - No Problem Whatsoever. Than Switched To B 100 Straight For The Summer - Exhaust Smells Like The "french Fry". One Thing That Really Hurts Is The $ 3.27 Per Gal.{ Ouch} For The B 100. Although The $ 3.18 For The #2 Diesel Is Not To Far From That Either.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:26 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels

Tags
b100, b2o, diesel, engine, f250, ford, fuel, fuelford, liner, separation, specifications, tank