1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Arcing Springs

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 03:17 PM
Wittmer321
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arcing Springs

I took my truck to a spring shop and they said they could add a leaf to each spring and re arc them enough make the truck sit about 3 inches higher. Has anyone else had this done? It is going to cost about $200 per pair. Would it be worth doing the rear springs the same way or should I just get blocks? Will 3 inches be enough to fit 35in tires under my 97 f250?
Thanks,
Kevin

Old 07-11-2006, 03:39 PM
Cuda_jim
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had this done to a e150. The ride height was short lived, about 1 1/2 years till the rear sagged back pre-arcing.

IMO get the blocks, it's more permanent. You can always add leaves as needed later.

Old 07-11-2006, 08:21 PM
bodabdan
Fleet Mechanic
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...d.php?t=503886

Check out this thread- I'm going throught the same problem right now. Everyone I trust has told me that re-arching will not last. Adding a leaf will leave you with one good leaf and all the rest worn out. If the PSD can wear out two leafs it will surely wear out one.
I did replace mine with a different stock set from someone who had installed a lift, but they were just as bad as the ones I took off, if not worse. It's really not as big of a job as some might think to replace the springs. you just have to use good procedures and pay attention.
As far as tire fitment you might get more responses if you post that as a seperate question, someone out there knows the answer.

Old 07-14-2006, 12:23 AM
disturbedslednek
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your 250 is a 4x4 I assume, if so, 35x12.5x16.5 Mud Terrains will fit I know for a fact, I had them. They were on 16.5x9.75 Centerline rims. The rear had a factory 350 block (4") and I put a add-a-leaf in the front. You will probably have to shim your front bumper out. May have to trim the corners on the bumper too if the tires hit.

As far as re-arching the springs, 2"-3" may be do-able. Most spring shops want to add a add-a-leaf to the pack if they arc them, to help keep the arch. They should last a couple of years, I know mine have in the past. The problem with re-arching springs is, the more arch you put in them, the closer the spring eyes get to each other making it harder to get them back in the truck.

Last edited by disturbedslednek; 07-14-2006 at 12:30 AM.
Old 07-14-2006, 01:20 AM
bodabdan
Fleet Mechanic
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wittmer-
If you are considering blocks, only use them on the rear, never on the front. Ask any of the lift kit manufacturers and they will tell you it's unsafe.

Disturbed-
Do you know what the backspacing was on your wheels?