Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

Why Ford???????

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 11:40 PM
natedog172
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Why Ford???????

I know that might be a controversial topic, but you'll see whats up with it. AIght here it is, last year I bought a 2005 chevy 1500 crew cab 4x4. I loved it, it was a great truck. Unfortunatly friday the 7th i was rear ended by a dump truck and it destroyed my truck. It was totaled! While owning the chevy i always ran into people that were like "ahh...should of got a ford" and junk like that. Is there anyone who has owned both or can tell me exaclty what the huge differance is? After my settlement, i am going to buy a new truck. Another chevy? Or will it be a ford f150 fx4? My intentions are to build it big and powerful! 6inch suspension 3 inch body biggest size tires i can get under it with the 9 inches of lift. I wont be that one guy who has the nicest truck out there at the mud holes or in the woods and doesnt tear it up. I am going all out! e lockers front and rear the works!! This will be my truck for work, play, and ect.... with all that said, i would like diffinitive proof why I should switch to ford?

Old 07-11-2006, 12:04 AM
motleycruef150
Senior User
Ford is the market leader. Quite frankly that is the net result from building the best product. The competition - still playing catch up.

The Truth About Trucks:
http://www.fordvehicles.com/trucks/f150/truth

Last edited by motleycruef150; 07-11-2006 at 12:17 AM.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:10 AM
Beast12
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So you want to know why you should switch to the Ford F-150? I am sure these guys will give you a lot of reasons! Welcome to the site.

-Matt

Old 07-11-2006, 07:04 AM
DJR 17
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Better quality, better engines, last's longer. Stronger frames, they are quieter than the chevy too. With both company's bleeding badly chevy cut's more corners to save a buck and make more money.. Check out this site if you haven't already. http://www.fordvehicles.com/trucks/f150/truth/

Old 07-11-2006, 07:17 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts
...Moved....l.

Old 07-11-2006, 07:22 AM
ford9c
Senior User
Cool

I wouldn't buy another ford f150. They are overprised, way undpowered -(5.4l) Get bad gas milage, (11.4 city, and 14.5 hwy). The cloth seats are uncomfortable and stain easily. The oem tires and wheels are the cheapest that ford can get. The brakes are horrible, (brake fade, shudders etc). And then there is the whole vibration situation that can either be the brakes, rear diff, drive shaft, transfer case or the transmission itself. If your new vehicle has any of these symptoms, good luck getting ford to fix any of the problems properly. My 04 scab has had most of the issues listed above and none (to date) have been fixed properly. In addition, when you go an the test drive make sure you bring it up to hwy speed, to check for vibrations. If any are present, I would move on. Ford won't be able to fix it completely. Also feel free to check out the cheap, model airplane plastic used on the door panels, dash. And check out the many poorly fitting plastic panels that make up the dash. They will all cause rattles very shortly. And don't just take my word for it, look around these forums. All these issues have been brought up before. Just because now of ford's bad product and terrible customer service I hate my truck, doesn't mean that this isn't the God's honest truth.

Last edited by ford9c; 07-11-2006 at 08:14 AM.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:33 AM
Justis01
Junior User
Thumbs up

I've had my Lariat for almost two years and have had _Zero_ issues. Just routine maintenance. I'm happy with the power and fuel economy as well. No mods have been done except tonneau cover and Ford bed mat.

This truck handles great and rides smooth as glass!

Old 07-11-2006, 11:34 AM
moldman7n
Senior User
Look at the superduties!!!!!!!!! You want it big and powerful, that's the way to go.

Old 07-11-2006, 12:55 PM
okst1
Elder User
ford9c, do you have a 2004 or a 2006 Ford pickup?

Old 07-11-2006, 02:12 PM
ford9c
Senior User
Like it says in my post, 04 scab.

Old 07-11-2006, 03:25 PM
moldman7n
Senior User
The 06 F150 has a totally new interior. I think it looks really good. It is the best selling full size truck for like the past 27 years. I think there have to be a LOT of repeat customers. I've got an 06 F350 but this past winter I used my father-in-laws F150 quite a bit because he didn't want it to sit all winter (he is retired and went to his Florida house). I found it to be an excellent driver. I got 15mpg all around. Not great milage, but not terrible for a full size pick-up. Power and excelleration are good. I suggest you take one for a long test drive. Maybe the dealer will let you take one overnight. I did that with my Superduty and the Dodge I wanted also. It gives you a way better idea of the vehicle than a simple 10 minute test cruise around the block. You can then make an informed decision between the 2 trucks. Make sure you ask the price before you buy it though............................ Also look at the interior. Oh, and if it vibrates badly I suggest you don't buy it.

Old 07-11-2006, 04:24 PM
catan70
Junior User
That is the stupidest question i have ever heard,"Why ford," well if you havent figured it out that ford builds the toughest, longest lasting trucks on the road then maybe you should buy a chebbie. My grandpa, my cousins and my father all drive ford. It wouldnt be any other way. Not only do they build the most durable truck but the safest. 2 years ago i got into a car accident driving an f150. Another truck ran a red light and tagged me towards the front. He was going so fast that it made my truck flip. I was on a 4 lane highway and rolled across all lanes even the suicide lane and ended up going the opposite dirrection. I was knocked i wasnt wearing my seatbelt and was knocked out unconscious. I woke up and walked away from it. After that i have always vowed to drive ford. My f150 saved my life. If i had been drivin a chebbie i know i would have died. With their crappy truck frames and weak structure i would have died. I know this is a long story but its something that is in fact the truth and if you dont believe what i have to say look up the truth about trucks and see what they say. So in the end suck it up buy a man's truck, a FORD!

Old 07-11-2006, 04:36 PM
okst1
Elder User
"Like it says in my post, 04 scab."

My apologies. Your public profile says you own a 2006. I was just trying to make sure which year truck you were having all of these problems with.

It's been awhile since I owned a pickup but I would put my Broncos and Excursion up against anything on the market today. I would only buy a GM if Ford went out of business. You can see from the Truth About Trucks videos that GM's aren't built nearly as tough as Ford's. The GM, Toyota, and Nissan frames are laughable.

Old 07-11-2006, 05:10 PM
J..D
Senior User
Well the truth about trucks has it's flaws but none the less the F-150 is a dam good truck better than the current Silverado except power wise. If you in the market for a truck now get the F-150 or even better the super duty but if you have time wait till the new Silverado comes out and test drive both.

Old 07-11-2006, 10:38 PM
natedog172
New User
oo it saved your life! how exciting!! I was rear ended by a speeding out of control dump truck and i lived! my boy rolled his lexus...so that means they are the best? come on...its luck..i watched the truth about trucks video...it made the titan the tundra and dodge look like ****..but the chevy not so much...most the scenes the chevy wasnt even compared...you know why? ya...the door jams dont bend out...**** like that...my buddy has a 2005 f 150...4x4...6 months after he got it...the rear end filled with water and had to be replaced...i took my chevy through worst stuff than him...I never had a problem....The truth about trucks is a biased video...If chevy came out with one..they would look super sweet as well...I think i am going to stick with chevy...but who knows...if my settlement is enough..ill buy both..and do my own tests....

Quick Reply: Why Ford???????