bio plant in idaho

Old 07-10-2006, 06:42 PM
luvemhot
More Turbo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bio plant in idaho

Fab
there was a bio plant that was undre construction burn down in new plymonth idaho was it the one you have been working on?

Old 07-10-2006, 10:00 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by luvemhot
Fab
there was a bio plant that was undre construction burn down in new plymonth idaho was it the one you have been working on?

NO Phew! You beat me to the post. The plant I'm building has a FOAM fire suppresion system built in. ALL the Methanol tanks, mixers, and their pumps etc, are OUTSIDE with a steel roof and foam fire suppresion also.

ALL the excess Methanol is removed by vacume from the glycerol AND the biodiesel. All tanks have a fume recovery system built in, that extracts all the vapors and recycles the liquids.

I am sorry for the loss of life, and grieve for the familys. But as I understand it [ and I've talked with people that where there] They we're welding on the TOP of a tank of Biodiesel, which probably had Methanol vapors in it. The plant did not have a foam fire system, the tank was not purged before welding, the local fire dept did not have foam either. Water only SPREADS an oil fire.

I just hope in the rush to build more plants that people take a long hard look at safety and do the proper planing FIRST so the "Powers-that Be" don't make it harder to start up a biodiesel plant.

FABMANDELUX.

Old 07-10-2006, 10:16 PM
luvemhot
More Turbo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We had an engine over there with all our foam and the haz mat team. On my day off so I had to listen. Glad to hear you are building it right. It is unreal how many people dont want to spend the money on a fire sprinkler system. I was first in on a fire last year that the was over 1 millon. I found out later he had looked into a sprinkler system and did not want to spend the money on it. go figure

Keith

Old 07-13-2006, 02:53 AM
kennedyford
Fleet Mechanic
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Coming through Idaho Thursday night Friday morning. Update to Fab and hello to others. Troy. No email Thur or Friday unless I find a hotspot for free....Found your home and shop numbers Fab.

Search this Thread