The "Intergi Drive"

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 03:53 PM
Elderstarr
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The "Intergi Drive"

Hey guys, I figured this would be the proper forum for this discovery of mine.

Not too long ago I picked up an awesome winter beater for only $600cdn. The car is a 1976 Plymouth Sport Fury. I essentially bought it for its gold paint, mint retro white vinyl interior, and functioning power seats. The guy I bought it from was (I heard he passed on last week) the original owner. He bought it new in California and brought it up to BC in 1992. It was summer driven since then and covered in the winter.

The car is a 318ci, automatic and it comes with this device that looks like a carbon canister called an Intergi Drive. It consists of its own electrolosis gauge connecting to the cars battery leading to the canister. The canister itself is attached to the coolent overflow, with another line leading from the canister, connecing to the vacuum line in between the pcv valve and carb. I can see my system is working as there is a viewing window on the canister and I see bubbles forming. When I get my camera back tommerow, I will post pics, mabey a video of this thing.

Apparantly this device was sold way back when we thought Y2K was gonna blow up the world, Era 1999 or so. This is what I found about it so far, pulled from an F-Body website ...

"Integri Drive (water hydrolyzed to oxygen/hydrogen and mixed with gasoline for higher HP, lower emissions, cheaper fuel costs)"

Expanding the idea, the system uses electricity to break up distilled water into Hydrogen and Oxygen (You all know chemistry, when you apply electricity to the water, at higher voltages, water breaks up into H<SUP>2</SUP> and O<SUP>2</SUP>, 2H<SUP>2</SUP>O=2H<SUP>2</SUP>+O<SUP>2</SUP>) so by this process you get 2 parts hydrogen and 1 part oxygen.
Then the system injects both gases with the fuel mixture into the engine. By doing that the engine, beside the air/gas mixture, also gets pure hydrogen and pure oxygen. The system supposed to save on the gas, about 15-30% less usage, supposed to decrease your HC emmisions by 75%, CO by 15%. And also increases Horse Power (I guess cause of all the pure oxygen)

Heres the funny part, the system was introduced in canada in 1999, and then it never made it to wide market. In fact theres almost no record of that system on the internet, only on some theoretical site, which sais that the system is possible, and there was a prototype made by company TheIntegrityGroup, called Integri Drive. The company's site is down or the domain was never renewed. But the first developments were made by year 1996.
So have any of you guys ever heard of this system? Any reason why this system isn't still in use today? Is it a bunch of snake oil? If anything, it cleans the cylinders by it injecting water.

I am just curious because nobody I have talked to has ever heard of such a device. If you have any info on this system, please post.

Thanks guys.
Brian Schroeder

Old 02-14-2007, 04:38 PM
Torque1st
Posting Legend
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Elderstarr

So have any of you guys ever heard of this system? Any reason why this system isn't still in use today? Is it a bunch of snake oil? If anything, it cleans the cylinders by it injecting water.

I am just curious because nobody I have talked to has ever heard of such a device. If you have any info on this system, please post.

Thanks guys.
Brian Schroeder
It was very bogus. Another scam to extract $$ from phobia.

Old 02-15-2007, 11:25 AM
Elderstarr
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats what I kind of figured. But, since a small amount of water is drawn through the vacuum line and into the engine, does it help keep the engine clean? Whether or not a reaction occours in this device is questionable.

I did a small test yesterday, pulling the hose leading to the pcv hose and holding a lighter at the end of the hose. No changes occoured in the flame. Had there be the presense of hydrogen (2H<SUP>2</SUP>) and/or oxygen (O<SUP>2</SUP>), shouldn't the flame of the lighter become accelerated or burn hotter?

The bottem line is that if this "Integri Drive" is a farce, then it is coming off the car.

Old 02-15-2007, 08:04 PM
aurgathor
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Water injection is very different then breaking up water in-vehicle and then adding the gases to the mixture. For the latter, here's the following: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/4...r-as-fuel.html