Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Alternative Fuels, Hybrids & Mileage
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-09-2006, 08:02 AM
Senior User

97F250XLT is starting off with a positive reputation.
Old gasoline ?

I have some old gas probably 3 years old in a above ground elevated storage tank. The tank probably has 50 gallons in it is it safe to use? Should I add something to it or blend it with 50-50 new and old gas. Or is there a additive that a person could put in it?
Old 07-09-2006, 09:28 AM
New User

04 Heritage is starting off with a positive reputation.
Very good question.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:38 AM
Posting Guru

angus is starting off with a positive reputation.
I've burnt older gas than that, but that's in a carb'd vehicle. It wouldn't be a bad idea to dilute 50/50 or lower, and run it through a sediment and water filter, because there's probably condensation in there by now.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:01 AM
Post Fiend

rusty70f100 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.rusty70f100 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I've ran gas like that before. Like was said, I'd run it 50/50 with fresh gas until it's all gone.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:11 AM
Post Fiend

jimandmandy has a great reputation on FTE.jimandmandy has a great reputation on FTE.jimandmandy has a great reputation on FTE.jimandmandy has a great reputation on FTE.jimandmandy has a great reputation on FTE.
Drain out any water at the bottom and it should be fine to mix. If it had ethanol in it, the water and ethanol should come off the bottom together, leaving the gasoline on top. There are additives to preserve gas, but they have to be added first, not now.

Jim
Old 08-30-2006, 09:07 PM
Post Fiend

chrono4 is a name known to allchrono4 is a name known to allchrono4 is a name known to allchrono4 is a name known to allchrono4 is a name known to allchrono4 is a name known to all
The gas in my bronco was about 4 years old, still ran on it. The more gas, the longer it takes to go bad so 50 gal should be ok, but like said change the filter on the tank and run it 50 50.
Welding a 9"
Very simple front bumper
Lowering Spring Towers

Hi, I'm Andrew and I have a wheelin problem that is often disrupted by fabbin and drinkin, glad to meet yall.

STGs MinionsTechnical Advisor
Old 08-30-2006, 09:07 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Alternative Fuels, Hybrids & Mileage

Tags
additive, bronco, change, gas, gasolene, gasoline, problems, truck