1983 - 2012 Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series models

Rant

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 09:55 PM
CrazySpyder69
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rant

And so it begins. So yesterday I was going to work after I picked up the equipment from my boss's house ( I work landscaping so I had to pick up mowers,blowers,trimmers etc) So I get to where I work, park my truck get out and get to work. I go to grab a trimmer and I hear a hissing sound. So I look down at my tire and what do I see? A damn piece of metal in my brand new tire. It was a piece of metal about 2 inches long and a really sharp point about 1/2 inch into my tire. I just got these tires not even a month ago. *pissed* So not that big of a deal, I have a spare, Ill just slap the spare on and ill be on my way. NOT!!!! The damn jack that comes with my truck is too damn small to jack up my truck. Now this isnt a truck with a 6 inch lift or anything. Stock truck with stock tires. So I had to borrow a jack from someone. But Ford makes up for them selves by not giving me a doughnut and giving me a real tire. But anyway Discount Tire only charged me 13 bux to renew the warranty on the new tire.

CLIFF NOTES: Got a flat
Got pissed
Tried to change tire
Jack too small
Got pissed
Borrowed jack
Happy for having a real tire as a spare
Got new tire
Happy again

Welp if you got this far good for you. You just completed my book/rant on my tires.

Old 07-07-2006, 10:06 PM
bigdavesohc
Elder User
I never use the jack supplied with the truck, they are always too small. Glad you got it taken care of.

Old 07-07-2006, 11:58 PM
CrazySpyder69
Senior User
Originally Posted by bigdavesohc
I never use the jack supplied with the truck, they are always too small. Glad you got it taken care of.
Then what jack do you use? If you are out in the middle of nowhere and you get a flat, what happens?

Old 07-08-2006, 08:13 AM
sfcwoodret
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just buy one of those small hydralic 2 1/2 ton jacks for about $20 and put it under the toolbox in the bed.

Old 07-08-2006, 09:27 AM
RangerPilot
Post Fiend
My dad got one of those sfcwoodret mentioned so I stole the one outta his GMC, extends much further than the stupid thing Ford sends. Looks a lot stronger, as well.

RP
Zach

Old 07-08-2006, 06:50 PM
m350
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just wondering ,,I know they do have directions for jacking up the vehicle,,did you check them out ??

I can recall using the stock jack on my 99' F-350,,and it worked ok,,,under the axel ????

Old 07-08-2006, 09:18 PM
CowboyBilly9Mile
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry to hear that you got a flat tire. It happens to the best of us. Be grateful you were not on some freeway/bridge with no shoulder and in rush hour traffic. Most drivers will probably experience a flat sometime and probably more than one in the course of our life. I am having some immense and flat out beyond intense challanges on a business endeavor right now and I will be happy to trade my problems with you. Seriously, I need a break from the outright effing hell I've been through the last four or so days. I don't have a simple two digit dollar problem (but I sure wished I did), I have a four digit fight/battle and it's hell. That four digits is all dollars and no pennies. I sure as hell wished I could resolve my problem in a timeframe measured in minutes/hours rather than in days which is how it's going. As always when the going get's tough, just remember that no matter how bad your problems are, someone else is having much worse ones. Rejoyce. Me included. In life, everything will work out for the better (somehow). Tough times never last, tough people last forever.

Last edited by CowboyBilly9Mile; 07-08-2006 at 10:04 PM.
Old 07-09-2006, 02:45 AM
CrazySpyder69
Senior User
Originally Posted by CowboyBilly9Mile
Sorry to hear that you got a flat tire. It happens to the best of us. Be grateful you were not on some freeway/bridge with no shoulder and in rush hour traffic. Most drivers will probably experience a flat sometime and probably more than one in the course of our life. I am having some immense and flat out beyond intense challanges on a business endeavor right now and I will be happy to trade my problems with you. Seriously, I need a break from the outright effing hell I've been through the last four or so days. I don't have a simple two digit dollar problem (but I sure wished I did), I have a four digit fight/battle and it's hell. That four digits is all dollars and no pennies. I sure as hell wished I could resolve my problem in a timeframe measured in minutes/hours rather than in days which is how it's going. As always when the going get's tough, just remember that no matter how bad your problems are, someone else is having much worse ones. Rejoyce. Me included. In life, everything will work out for the better (somehow). Tough times never last, tough people last forever.
Wow, sure does sound like you are having a bad day/week. Hope you get everything worked out ok.

M350: No I didnt go under the ale but if I did I dont think it would have made a difference.

Old 07-09-2006, 02:48 AM
CrazySpyder69
Senior User
Originally Posted by sfcwoodret
Just buy one of those small hydralic 2 1/2 ton jacks for about $20 and put it under the toolbox in the bed.
Where did you find one for 20 bux? The cheapest one ive found so far is 100, and its not one you could put under the tool box.

Old 07-09-2006, 08:10 AM
Alan D.
Posting Guru
This rant is the perfect moment to bring up a question i have had. it says in my owners manual, not to go further than 50 miles on your spare, but i have a 3-ply spare that is really just a reg tire to replace another tire, not one of those doughnuts. but it says on the tire, not to go any further than 50miles also. does it just say this so you dont go driving around without a spare, or would it blow out after any more distance. also, i think it is the original spare, so should i have it replaced next time i go to the tire shop. it's almost 10 yrs old, and looks a little rotted. it's a "full" sized spare at 31 in.

Old 07-09-2006, 11:25 AM
RangerPilot
Post Fiend
Next time you get new tires put your best old one on the spare. I did that as my spare was the original from '94! lol. Cracked and everything.

Just be careful and get to the nearest station you can find.

RP
Zach

Old 07-09-2006, 01:24 PM
Daniel2986
New User
Haha, wow your rant just reminded me of something. I too got new tires about 3 weeks and I completely forgot (until now) about the whole jack situation. I got a 3” lift on my truck and my new tires are way bigger than the stock tires so I’m pretty sure the jack my truck came with won’t work...I guess I gotta invest in a new jack. Dammit!

-Daniel

Old 07-09-2006, 07:04 PM
CrazySpyder69
Senior User
Originally Posted by RangerPilot
Next time you get new tires put your best old one on the spare. I did that as my spare was the original from '94! lol. Cracked and everything.

Just be careful and get to the nearest station you can find.

RP
Zach
AHHHHH!!! I should have done that when I got new tires!!!

The spare is the same as a regular tire so I dont see why you could only go 50 miles.

And yes Daniel a new jack would definatly help when/if you get a flat, haha trust me

Old 07-09-2006, 10:59 PM
RangerPilot
Post Fiend
I just wouldn't trust my spare. Now the one I got on there now, I wouldn't have a bit of a problem getting on the highway with it, turning sharply (loading it out), etc. That's because it's got lots of miles on it.

The tire shop I used switched 'em for free. (For what you get charged to begin with, they outta)

RP
Zach

Old 07-10-2006, 07:45 AM
Alan D.
Posting Guru
Well, i think i figured out why your not supposed to drive around with a spare on. because the tread is different so it could adversly effect you handeling, unless you have the same treads as before. also because they dont want you driving around with no spare.

Quick Reply: Rant