Can some one show me some proof?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 03:41 PM
WyBlackhawk
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Can some one show me some proof?

I have 2001 7.3 litre. I am running B-20. I have been discussing bio with a few buddies. Everything I have read shows that Bio is a good thing. My buddies beg to differ. They say anything over B-5 is bad. Does anybody have a good web sight or some good reading that will prove the benefits of bio diesel?

Old 07-07-2006, 05:57 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by WyBlackhawk
I have 2001 7.3 litre. I am running B-20. I have been discussing bio with a few buddies. Everything I have read shows that Bio is a good thing. My buddies beg to differ. They say anything over B-5 is bad. Does anybody have a good web sight or some good reading that will prove the benefits of bio diesel?
Yep, http://www.biodieselcommunity.org If you need more just ask, and i'll post some Gov studys!

FABMANDELUX.

Old 07-08-2006, 05:52 PM
wi_saint
New User
First thing I would look at is whether or not your friends drive diesels and if not, ask them if they have stock in a petro company...

I intend to run one tank with B100 (WVO)
I just had a meeting with Mike Clark of the UW Madison physics dept today, and he is comfortable with B(P) 100
Tell your friends that Rudolph Diesel fine tuned his engine and got it working on P100 (peanut oil)
also for references send your friends to
www.greasel.com
www.greasecar.com or grease-car
These places offer kits to set up for vegetable oil, but you can also build your own kits for less.
My truck has most of the parts already in it, I just need to plumb one tank for heat exchange, and move the 6 way valve to the engine bay.
(heated fuel lines are an option, and I will have them plumbed with coolant when everything goes together) (coolant lines around the fuel lines)

I have to get my truck set up with just a few parts and I will keep a tank full of waste vegetable oil. (WVO)

Tell them to do their own research before they start giving out percentages.

Good luck with the buddies

Old 07-08-2006, 08:22 PM
bigredtruckmi
Lead Driver
Received 218 Likes on 50 Posts
Also check out www.biodiesel.org for more info

Here is another from engine manufacturers http://www.enginemanufacturers.org/a...upload/106.pdf
http://www.enginemanufacturers.org/a...upload/924.pdf

enjoy the reading hope it helps

Last edited by bigredtruckmi; 07-08-2006 at 09:04 PM.
Old 07-09-2006, 12:59 AM
ajf99ford
Junior User
I have been waiting and saving to get a kit from Greasel for awhile now, I've been researching so much with Bio and SVO, I want to use the coolant over the fuel lines method with SVO also with a 25 or 30 gallon tank in the bed and a racor heated filter under the hood. Have any of you been running this system, and could give me any success stories including in the cold winters. I don't know anyone who does, I would probably be the only one in my area, southeast PA.

Old 07-09-2006, 01:55 PM
willbd
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ajf99ford
I have been waiting and saving to get a kit from Greasel for awhile now, I've been researching so much with Bio and SVO, I want to use the coolant over the fuel lines method with SVO also with a 25 or 30 gallon tank in the bed and a racor heated filter under the hood. Have any of you been running this system, and could give me any success stories including in the cold winters. I don't know anyone who does, I would probably be the only one in my area, southeast PA.
I have 2000 miles on my WVO conversion. I have a 95 with duel tanks. Converted the front tank to WVO and have heated fuel lines form Greasel. I added an Artic Fox heat exchanger to my system.

Old 07-09-2006, 02:34 PM
leskwvo
Senior User
Which model truck do you have? Plant Drive has kits that fit the 2nd gen 7.3 and 6.0 and thier generic kit will fit all other Ford trucks. With out electric heat in the winter you will have long switcher times. Plant Drive has optons for almost any temp. I ran all winter with my Overnighter that kept my filter temps around 58F even on the coldest days and the vegtherm kept my oil hot going to the engine.

I have just over 20K on my truck since I converted it. I only have 24K on the truck total. All is running great.

I see your in Southeast Pa I'm pretty much in your back yard. I commute to King Of Prussia eveyday to go to work.

Old 07-11-2006, 12:21 AM
ajf99ford
Junior User
hey Leskwvo, I must say you are pretty fearless , I would of been quite afraid to run the oil on such a new truck. (thats awesome) I have a 99 F-250 with the 7.3. They only have 1 tank. I will try to look up that plant drive. thanks
I live in Ambler, and pass through King of Prussia everday on my way to Malvern where I work. Awesome, someone does run on veggie in my area !!!!!!!!

Old 07-11-2006, 04:45 AM
leskwvo
Senior User
hey Leskwvo, I must say you are pretty fearless , I would of been quite afraid to run the oil on such a new truck. (thats awesome) I have a 99 F-250 with the 7.3. They only have 1 tank. I will try to look up that plant drive. thanks
I live in Ambler, and pass through King of Prussia everday on my way to Malvern where I work. Awesome, someone does run on veggie in my area !!!!!!!!
That would be a perfect commute to run WVO. it's about 25 miles. You should be able to do 20 or so of those miles on WVO. That should save you about 2.5 gallons per day, almost 10 bucks.

Have you got an oil source?

Our Plant Drive 7.3 kit for the second generation reduces the normally very long purge time down to just a few minutes or miles. What our 7.3 Powerstroke kit does is turn the stock filter housing into a plenum only, while displacing the volume of fuel in the housing. Then we supply a new Racor spin on filter for the diesel side of things.
Take a look

Erick

Old 07-11-2006, 05:03 AM
ajf99ford
Junior User
it's exactly 23.5 miles, by the time I get from my house to the entrance of the turnpike, I should be able to flip to veggie, and when I get off 202, I can flip back to diesel. It will be the perfect situation, it's all highway.
I have 3 or 4 pizza places to get oil from.
but I just found a Chinese restuarant that has two 55 gallons of waste oil that they continously fill. finding oil is not a problem for me.

I found the Plant Drive site, I'll go through it and see what they have as soon as I get a chance.

Old 07-11-2006, 12:39 PM
Phydeaux88
Posting Guru
I found the Plant Drive site, I'll go through it and see what they have as soon as I get a chance.
Ya might want to check LeskWVO s site. Some good info there

Old 07-12-2006, 12:56 PM
wi_saint
New User
Talking Proof

I checked out plantdrive, and they seem to have the best options so far that I have seen. Everyone else wants to sell an entire kit, while PlantDrive sells individual components.

Last edited by wi_saint; 07-12-2006 at 01:00 PM. Reason: information already posted
Old 07-12-2006, 05:43 PM
willbd
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Has anyone seen the VEGISTROKE system?

One of our Biodiesel menbers has the system on his truck and it looks sweet.

VEGISTROKE.COM