Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > Supercharger, Turbocharger, Nitrous Oxide & Water/Methanol Injection
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-05-2006, 10:21 PM
Junior User

AceTheLegend is starting off with a positive reputation.
Supercharger for a 2003 4.0L Ranger?

Yes i was wondering if anybody could point me to where i can find information for superchargers or turbos for my ranger. Also if there are any other performance boosting things i could do to the engine or any other component that would help me boost hp and torque would be great.

2003 Ford Ranger XLT FX/4 Level II
4.0 liter SOHC V-6 5-speed
Old 07-08-2006, 06:36 PM
Junior User

FtwoFityboy06 is starting off with a positive reputation.
www.explorerexpress.com
www.bamachips.com
Old 07-10-2006, 03:58 PM
Posting Guru

pud is starting off with a positive reputation.
Id say the easiest and cheapest supercharger for your truck is an Eaton M-90 off a supercoupe T-bird. Not the best option, but when you weigh in performance gain vs $ spent...its worth consideration. You can pick one up for $200-$300-ish on ebay sometimes with the harness and bigger injectors. Once I saw one with the harness, injectors, and computer for $450.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:47 PM
Posting Guru

littleme13 has a good reputation on FTE.littleme13 has a good reputation on FTE.
the only problem with the eaton m90 is the manifolds are different so you have to fabricate something to hold the supercharger and the way they are shaped and mount its a pita imo. all thou like pud said if you can fabricate and want to go that route the m90 would be a good choice. you can even get the thing ported to flow more. and on the supercoupe they run 12 psi stock so that should be plenty for your 4.0. i belive that one of the bigger companies makes one. if im not mistaken vortech offers a kit if your not into looking to fab anything yourself. i just googled for 4.0 ranger superchager and it was vortech from summit that has the kit.
Old 07-12-2006, 04:42 PM
Junior User

Yeah well i know a engineer that works at Eaton so i was trying to see if he could get me more info on the superchargers. I had tried looking at vortech but i only found superchargers for the Mustangs! ANyways, I figure if i do get a supercharger i am going to have to beef up my engine to take all that extra stress. What things besides cams and pistons should i consider changing?

Old 07-12-2006, 05:58 PM
Posting Guru

littleme13 has a good reputation on FTE.littleme13 has a good reputation on FTE.
having the heads ported usually helps with more airflow to compliment the supercharger. if your looking to tear into the bottom end to change pistons i would look into a good set of rods and myabe crank if they make one forged. also a girdle jsut to be on the safe side. of course all this depends on the money you wanna spend and how long you want the motor to last. ive heard that a 4.6 throttle body will fit onto the 4.0 but not positive on that one same with maf if your looking to do the intake also.

tony
Old 07-13-2006, 09:32 PM
Junior User

I have already ordered the AEM Brute force air intake. Just waiting for it in the mail now and i figured the throttle body would be a quick few horsepower, but not sure whats a good buy, you know something that actually works. I figured MAF sensor when i have the money for it as well. I have tried finding a pulley set for my ranger but i can't seem to find someone that makes it for the 4.0L engine. Be great if there was an all ranger supplier or something like what some do for like the mustangs and such lol. Any other suggestion are great and thanks for all the input you have given me so far.

Old 08-25-2006, 06:38 AM
Elder User

Bob Jusnes is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Sorry, this post is kind of old. We have pulleys and many other performance parts for your ranger, all we deal with is Ford Trucks (no mustang parts here, though we do dabble with Fusions...)

As far as the supercharger, Explorer Express makes a whole kit that will bolt right on to your truck. Its not cheap, but then again any good supercharger kit will cost you a few bones.

Nobody makes a MAF for the ranger anymore, according to Granatelli its because they could not maintain accurate readings. A throttle body MAY help, but i would look at a BamaChips programmer, Efan, Pulleys, Headers, Exhaust, etc, if you want to get some more power out of that truck!!
Old 08-25-2006, 06:18 PM
Junior User

I have seen the explorer express webpage....and i know a guy that works at eaton so i am trying to see if he knows of a way i can get a deal on one of those superchargers. Anyways appreciate the input!

Thanks

AcetheLegend

Old 08-25-2006, 06:18 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > Supercharger, Turbocharger, Nitrous Oxide & Water/Methanol Injection

Tags
2003, 2004, 2005, 40, 40l, 60, adapter, ford, kit, put, ranger, supercharger, system, times, xlt