Nevada Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:67 Olfthfl

Fish stories thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 03:03 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Fish stories thread

Caught a sizeable trout (6 lbs) and tripped on the rocks and fell on my pole when I tried to set the hook. The pole broke in half so I began fighting mobey with the upper portion of my pole sliding up and down the line. Fortunately it was a smaller stream that this dude was stocked into so he didn't have too far to run. Then a rats nest appeared in my line. The tangled globb of fishing line jammed up in the eyes of the lower part of my pole so when I looked down to try and work it out, I tripped again and found myself falling into the water face first. Line in hand and the broken pole following me into the drink, I followed that fish throughout the pool, up and down stream, letting line out through my fingures, then pulling in to drop the line behind me. The fish finally tired and I managed to pull his nose up out of the water and got a fingure/thumb hold on his lower jaw and up on the shore he went. When done, I was soaked, from head to toe, my wallet was soggy, my pole was broken, but I had a real nice fish to join me on the wall of fame (shame) in the local market.

Anyone else have fishing stories? I'd like to hear 'em.

Last edited by olfordsnstone; 07-21-2006 at 03:07 PM.
Old 07-21-2006, 09:51 PM
big hoss 29
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The last fish I caught in Nevada was at Lahontan Resevoir. I was just going to drown a few worms with my folks. Sometime during the day we decided to stay the night. It was about 10 pm and we were still catching big fat catfish when my Dad and I heard a big splash from the other side of the channel.

My Mom is a sick, sick individual with a wicked sense of humor. She yelled out "OH MY GOD, IT'S COMING RIGHT AT ME!!!" My Dad and I threw down our poles and ran to her, him with his .357 and me with my 9mm drawn, with our eyes bigger than a manhole cover and looking around like Barney Fife. She was laughing her butt off and when I shined my flashlight on the "beast", it turned out to be a beaver. She's lucky that the next splash wasn't her hitting the water.

Anyway, that weekend all of us limited out with nice channel Catfish and I caught a 16lb Carp. Of course at Lahontan, you can't eat the damn things because of the mercury, so we gave them to my g-pa so he could smoke them for cat food. I wonder how he kept them lit?

Last edited by big hoss 29; 07-21-2006 at 09:58 PM.