Nevada Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:67 Olfthfl

You guys have a beautiful state

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 02:38 PM
andym
Post Fiend
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts
You guys have a beautiful state

My girlfriend & I (also an FTE ) just got back from a camping trip in the high desert. We spent the weekend at Spencer Hot Springs near Austin. Any other hot springers out there?

We came back burned, but relaxed and happy. We had a great time.

I love Nevada - the endless miles of untouched land. Theres something beautiful about it. Id live there if I could find a job.

Old 07-06-2006, 07:02 PM
big hoss 29
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I really miss the desert there. I was born and raised in Nevada and I know just about every square inch of Washoe County's back roads. If you like hot springs, you should try going to Wally's Hot Springs in Genoa just outside of Carson City. It's a great place to just lounge.

And take it from me, living in Reno is expensive. When I moved here to Montana, I was amazed at the difference in the cost of living. At least in Reno it's expensive, I'm not sure aboot Elko, Winnemucca, etc.

Old 07-06-2006, 10:03 PM
davethecow
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How did you like the mormon crickets?
ther are hot springs all over the place here in the great basin.ther are two just outside fallon.
im glad you two had fun in austin.my play ground is out that way as well.just make a right at east gate.
nevada has somthing for everyone.and were im at in fallon,,,no smog!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-07-2006, 01:29 AM
Vern69
Senior User
Originally Posted by andym
I love Nevada - the endless miles of untouched land. Theres something beautiful about it. Id live there if I could find a job.
Yes, Nevada is beautiful country. Vegas isn't the only reason I moved here. As to that, I did choose Vegas just because there are soooooooo many job opportunities here. This has to be the best place in the US right now for opportunity. And yes, I do have to put up with the craziness that living in a growing city with a huge transient population means, but I'm banking more than enough $$ to support my future desires and will let me spend the kind of time I want in those endless miles.

Old 07-07-2006, 02:38 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by andym
My girlfriend & I (also an FTE ) just got back from a camping trip in the high desert. We spent the weekend at Spencer Hot Springs near Austin. Any other hot springers out there?

We came back burned, but relaxed and happy. We had a great time.

Wow, you've actually heard of Spencers? (let alone been to it?) I'm impressed Andy.

Old 07-07-2006, 02:54 PM
andym
Post Fiend
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts
We are both hot springs fans, but she's a little newer at it than I am. I've been to at least 15 or 20 of them throughout Nevada and the eastern Sierras. There is something incredibly relaxing about sitting in the hot water where all you can hear is the wind and the animals.

We didn't see much wildlife this trip. In the past, we've seen antelope, wild burros, wild horses, big horn sheep, bald eagles (that was actually northwestern AZ), and of course lots of jackrabbits.

Dave, the mormom crickets weren't as plentiful as they were last year when we went. I remember the state DOT putting up mobile signs on the road saying watch out for slippery conditions. Cars running over a couple hundred thousand crickets over a mile stretch of road will do that.

I actually lived in Vegas for a while. I didn't care for it. The worst drivers I've ever encountered and the rudest people I've ever dealt with. Not that everyone there is like that, but I sure couldn't take it. I hope you bought property. That's the easiest way to make money, except for taking tourists money at the poker tables.

Old 07-08-2006, 08:55 AM
Skipped_link
Elder User
What line of work are you in? Here in the northern part of the state mining is booming, & all the mines are looking for people, especially maintinance personel, an expererianced mechanic can easily pick up a $20-$26 per hr job,

Living here in Golconda Hot springs are pretty common, Not counting the local ones there are at least three others within 25 miles of home,