Hey 88(Chris)

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 06:08 PM
soondg
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey 88(Chris)

Hey Chris,
Hows your pop doing? Please keep us posted on his progress, if he needs any moral support or anything. After he's better i'll start the jokes about busting his butt.

Old 07-17-2006, 01:05 PM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
Chris - saw that you posted in the Pennsylvania Sign In thread, but didn't want to hijack it.

How are you and your dad doing??? Hope you are both doing well and that your dad is on the mend. Keep us posted.

Old 07-17-2006, 01:09 PM
soondg
Postmaster
Hey Ronin,
Welcomed some newbies when i was in the New Post threads, three of them where from New York, so i suggested they come over to your chapter and introduce themselves.

Old 07-17-2006, 01:14 PM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
Thanks Joe. Our chapter has lost some momentum and I am trying to get it going again. Good luck with yours and will send people your way too.

BTW in another thread you were talking about putting together a map for your members. This is what we did:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...d.php?t=469494

Hope that helps give you some ideas!!

Old 07-17-2006, 01:29 PM
gui88ford
Posting Guru
dad is doing better.....he's still in a lot of pain....he looks better.....lots of things will change as a cause of this.....most likley won't be able to work again due to the weight of the equiptmen and moving it around job sites exc......doesn't want to ride bike anymore and i'm sure a lot of other things that he'll have problems with doing now.....it's a real pain in the A** for all of us.....we started an addition on our house for my grandparents that are selling their house in a few weeks and now we most likley won't have the addition done in time for them to move in......couldn't of happened at a worse time for us.....were talking to lawyers so we can get that ball moving.....he'll be out of commission totally for 6 months..........long road ahead for all of us.....

as for me......went to the Dr. to get something to help me sleep.....no physical harm to me.....just mental stuff that bothers me now.....don't really sleep well.....Dr. gave me ambien but i can't take it anymore.......it really messes with my head....start seeing stuff so, i'm not taking that anymore.....going back to the Dr. to get something else....

like i said....long road ahead but he is better so thats good at least

Old 07-17-2006, 01:42 PM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
Chris - I am glad that both of you are doing better. I realize it will be long road as I have been going through the same sort of thing with my dad with his sciatica for the last 5 months. Nothing compared to what you are dealing with your dad, but I can sort of relate. It takes a lot of time and you have to do your best to take care of yourself as your family will be relying on you. Keep your head up and let others here know if you need help as I am sure that some of your fellow FTE members will step up and help you out. Best of luck to you, your dad, and your family.

Old 07-17-2006, 01:44 PM
soondg
Postmaster
Chris, I was hurt pretty bad in a bike accident years ago, took me about five years to start walking right. Its important that you don't let him get depressed over what happened. It's a bite in the a** when you can't work anymore at what you know but you can feel good about yourself just through the accomplishments you achieve while rehabbing and learning new things. I did ride again just to take the curse off of it, can not let anything take away your zest for living. As for the meds, be careful, the pain can be overwhelming at times but it can be managed with out being totallly drugged up. After getting myself to a semi fuctional state i fell at my daughters house last year and broke my neck, they put in new bones and screwed some plates in, i can't sing anymore but i started walking as soon as the paralysis wore off. Understand what you can't do then, learn what you can, and then do it all anyway. If your dad needs someone to talk to give him my number or if you start feeling down just call, its no big deal, no problem.

Old 07-18-2006, 06:53 AM
gui88ford
Posting Guru
yea, i remember you telling me about the bike accident on the phone......but your right.....the main thing is to keep his spirits up and the rest will come around.....i guess from what they are saying he could be in there for another month to 5 weeks....

Old 07-20-2006, 09:53 PM
KelKels
New User
Chris, I was sorry to hear about the accident but I'm glad you and your dad are okay. I'm recovering from a very traumatic event myself. I know exactly what you mean about not being able to sleep and the mental stuff, I'm still struggling with it. It may not seem like it, but it does get better, it just takes some time. Stay strong (: Though I'm a newbie, I'd be glad to help with anything, and you and your dad will be in my prayers. I hope everything works out (:

Old 07-24-2006, 06:30 AM
gui88ford
Posting Guru
yea, it's hard.....they are saying another week or 2 that he'll be in there....that takes it to a month since the accident....still havent been on my bike......i'm selling it for a host of reasons....money, the accident exc.....

2002 V-Rod.....VRSCA

-i'll put some pics in my gallery...

Old 08-15-2006, 09:07 PM
gui88ford
Posting Guru
i'm still here....my dad is doing better......got more bad news though.......last sunday i was up in pottsville with my cousin....we took the bikes.....first time for me since the accident....went for a nice ride up.....one of his buddies went with also.....they left 20 min. before me and went home a different way because he lives in lancaster....he never made it home.....got into an accident on route 501 outside of lititz and died that night...

ride safe or don't ride at all...

Old 08-16-2006, 08:20 PM
soondg
Postmaster
Glad to hear about your dad Chris. Sorry to hear about your cousins buddy, your right ride safe or don't ride at all. Say some prayers for his family.

Old 08-16-2006, 08:43 PM
gui88ford
Posting Guru
no,....my bad.....i wrote it wrong....it was my cousin that died....not his buddy....

Old 08-17-2006, 08:39 AM
soondg
Postmaster
There will definetly be prayers for your family Chris.

Old 08-17-2006, 11:23 AM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
Chris, sorry to hear about your cousin. My thoughts are with you and your family.

I was considering getting another motorcycle, but after my wife said no and the near misses that I have had in the truck (how can someone not see an SD with it's lights on is beyond me) I figured I would stay with four wheels. It doesn't seem to matter how safe you are there is always an idiot out there that will cut you off, make a turn right in front of you, or some other stupid thing that will put you in danger.

Quick Reply: Hey 88(Chris)