1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

PRAY for my daughter..

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 08:40 AM
Fullcrew7.3
Logistics Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My eldest just turned 10. I can't even imagine..... I'll be praying for you and your family and have my church do likewise. This is in God's hands and He knows what to do! Please keep us updated.

Old 07-05-2006, 05:31 PM
firemanp
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After Kara went into PICU she did not do very well. She had trouble with her kidneys and the dialysis machine they put her on. The doctor's believed that they needed to test for Hemophagocytosis by doing a bone marrow test. This disorder is an immune problem that the body tells the fighting cells to get ready to attach an infection and then those cells stay in the bone marrow and eat the good cells instead of the bad infection cells. The doctor's did find that she had this condition and were aggressively treating it along with trying to stablize her system. She rejeted the dialysis machine the first time and spent an average of three hours in serious distress. After that the doctor's and nurses were able to get her hooked back to the dialysis machine around 8:30 pm Monday evening. She had some trouble even then and by this morning none of her numbers from blood work and vitals looked to be stable. The doctor's told us Monday evening that the chances of her waking up without brain damage were grim and the chances of waking up at all were unknown. This morning Kara had trouble with blood pressure and stability. After they put her in a calm activity level they said that it was time to make the decision to either stop treatment or to continue on. If we continued on they weren't sure her heart would be able to hold out through the next several hours anyway. Her kidneys and heart were just too weak by this point. Michelle and I made the extremely hard decision to stop. We knew that she was tired of treatments, being poked, being sick and everything that came with that. We also knew keeping on with what the doctor's were doing would be for more our sake than hers. She was not in any pain when the ventilator and other medicines were removed. They assured me of this. Michelle and I sat holding her and talking to her until the doctor said there was no more heart sounds. This was at 8:26 am.

She will always be in the hearts of so many because of the wonderful person she was. She saw things as they were and let you know it. God has some plan for us or her and maybe one day I will understand it. I just know that she is in a better place than being on all those tubes, medicines and machines.

I also want to thank everyone for everything that has been done for us. We couldn't have done it without all the love and support everyone showed us day in and day out. I will be eternally grateful for all of the wonderful things and experiences we have had. WE LOVE ALL OF YOU!!!!!! Don't forget that now Kara can see and hear everything you do and she will still let you know her opinion on it if you don't watch out.

Old 07-05-2006, 05:42 PM
CAFordDude
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss.

Old 07-05-2006, 08:51 PM
fast freddie
Senior User
God brought you to it. He will bring you through it. May He bless you and help you to cope. I will continue to pray for your understanding and acceptance...

Old 07-06-2006, 04:40 AM
trike1946
Logistics Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. You have gone through the hardest thing a parent can go through. I will continue to pray for you all. May God hold you and keep you and bless you.

Old 07-06-2006, 12:50 PM
utahcrew
Senior User
I'm so sorry for your loss. God has a plan. and it will all work out the way God wants it to. You are still in my prays and thoughts

Old 07-06-2006, 01:42 PM
mblayton
More Turbo
Had to go through the same thing with a aunt years ago (same cancer) not nice and especially with someone as young as your daughter, our family's thought's and prayers are with you.

Old 07-06-2006, 03:07 PM
14psd
Senior User
Sorry for your loss. God has his plan and whatever it may be it's all for the best. I am truely sorry for your loss, I am a parent of two beautiful children and can't imagine going through that. I will keep you in my prayers! Like I said earlier if you need any thing or help with any thing LET ME KNOW. Send me a pm.

Old 07-07-2006, 04:57 PM
handyman43358
Postmaster
I normally don't post on these boards as I don't have a 94.5-97 PSD, but I happened to see this thread. Call me an 18 year old sissy, but I'm tearin up. So sorry to hear about this. Hang in there and everyone here at FTE is here for you 110%. I will keep you in my prayers.

Old 07-07-2006, 05:24 PM
Cuda_jim
Post Fiend
I continue to pray for you and your family. God is with you during troubled times.

Footsteps in the Sand
Author unknown

One night a man had a dream.
He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the LORD.
Across the sky flashed scenes from his life.
For each scene, he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand:
one belonging to him, and the other to the LORD.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him
he looked back, at the footprints in the sand.
He noticed that many times along the path of his life
there was only one set of footprints.
He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times of his life.

This really bothered him and he questioned the LORD about it:
"LORD, you said that once I decided to follow you,
you'd walk with me all the way.
But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life
there is only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me."

The LORD replied:
"My son, My precious child, I love you and I would never leave you,
During your times of trial and suffering,
when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

Old 07-07-2006, 06:52 PM
beanpole
New User
No parent should have to deal with the loss of their own child. I am sure you are right, GOD does have a plan for us all. My wife and I are trying to have are first, and I'm scared to death of all the unknows. I can't begin to imagine what you and your family are going through. You're family and friends are in are thoughts and prayers.

Old 07-07-2006, 07:37 PM
Green_Dually
Elder User
So sorry for your loss,our thoughts along with alot of other people are with you.
I will keep you and your family in our prayers.

Old 07-07-2006, 07:39 PM
powerstrokin007
Senior User
God bless you and your family. Are prayers are with you.

Old 07-07-2006, 08:03 PM
PSNut
Postmaster
I'm with you Pat and hoping for the best.

Jim

Old 07-07-2006, 08:51 PM
DISLFVR
Locomotive breath

Will pray for her and family tonite, God bless

Quick Reply: PRAY for my daughter..