Colorado Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Colorado Trip

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 12:10 AM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Colorado Trip

I'll be out that way in a few weeks. I have a post on it in the KS chapter at: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...d.php?t=505147

I'd be up for other stuff as well. It's just if I'm going to spend the $$$'s in gas to get out there I'd like to do a bit more.

Old 06-30-2006, 01:05 AM
Hypoid
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hmmm, lots of fun stuff coming up. Much as I like to, I don't know if I'll be able to play. Just have to see how things shape up.

Old 07-02-2006, 03:11 PM
Colo79Ford
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if youre going to be out here the 14 15, 16th you could go to Mile High Nationals and watch some NHRA drag Racing at Bandimere Speedway.....

Old 07-02-2006, 08:15 PM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
Thanks for the info guys. Thinking about heading out Thursday the 13th. Might stay in the Denver area that night. Then out to map and camp on Friday and Saturday and Sunday morning. Then back to Denver Sunday night. I'm going to have to check and see if that area is open or not.

Depends on how the deal the 17th to the 21st goes. Last month it was going to start on Monday and I didn't get contacted on it till Wednesday and we started on Thursday.

So I think I try to get something planned before rather than after.

Old 07-02-2006, 11:56 PM
Hypoid
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There's plenty of activity around the tail of your trip:

http://bandimere.com/events/event_de...hp?eventID=246

http://www.coloradopowerstrokeclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10820

There's a week of activity during the time you expect to be busy:

http://www.rmftc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2654

Then there's this guy named Matt who seems to have a Pavlov type response to the words Red Cone:
Originally Posted by mattadams
Never done Red Cone? eek!
Thats one of my all-time favorite trails in Colorado... fun up to the "peak" and then a wild ride for about 1/2 mile heading nearly straight down. Fun though! I did it three times in my explorer...
I'd happily ride with someone on Red Cone It's a blast.
I've been finding more links for trail info, just don't want any friction . Email me and I'll get with you.

Old 07-03-2006, 01:03 AM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
I sure don't want any friction. I meet Warlord last year near St. Elmo. Had some unexpected stuff happen last year and didn't get to wheel with him but the RMFTC members I meet were good guys. Don't want to take anything away from his event but I noticed some folks couldn't make his deal during the week. Thought I might see if folks wanted to do something on the weekend before or maybe after. I have some family birthdays the weekend after and a friend that will be in KC on a train trip with a lay over the week after also. Really tempting to get up to KC for some BBQ.

I've been up Red Cone and Radical Hill a few times. Done Webster a couple also. Went over Georgia one night. I run a laptop with maping software in my Bronco. Many of the trails are not on my software or are in the wrong place. I have wanted to map the area for a few years and just haven't made it back to do so. Even have a few pic's of Red Cone on my web site.

Like I said I don't want any friction or take anything away from any other even just checking to see if anyone wanted to keep me companny for a couple of days of trails. When I'm in that area I like to camp at Kenosha Pass. Hope I can have a campfire.

I'll send you an e-mail. Thanks for the help.