Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Tennessee Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-28-2006, 09:17 PM
New User

hardworkinf150 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Talking I Found out something i didnt know today about FORD!!!

Did you know that ford made appliances !!!!! NEITHER DID I... I haul off scrap metal and went today and pick up two old upright freezers and when I got home I saw one of them is made by ford I MEAN FORD it actually has the Blue OVAL with FORD in it ANT THAT SOMETHING listen to this just out of courisity I pluged it up and GUESS what IT WORKS FINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO FORD ONCE AGAIN IT STANDS THE TEST OF TIME ....
Old 06-29-2006, 04:25 PM
Posting Guru

westtntrucker has a very good reputation on FTE.westtntrucker has a very good reputation on FTE.westtntrucker has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quoted from- http://www.philcoradio.com/history.htm
"Philco began a downward spiral in the fifties, culminating in being purchased by Ford Motor Company in 1961.
The Philco name survived for a time as Philco-Ford, but Ford sold Philco to GTE-Sylvania in 1974. "

White Consoldiated purchased numerous other major appliance competitors during the 1970s, including Philco, the Ford appliance division in 1977 and Frigidaire from General Motors in 1979.
Old 06-29-2006, 05:20 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
Sounds like a collectors item to me - the perfect beer and soda cooler for your garage!
Old 08-11-2006, 10:50 AM
New User

REAM is starting off with a positive reputation.
My Mom & Dad had a FORD TV that was a light green color,Black & white.I think they bought it before I came into this world.
Old 08-11-2006, 04:03 PM
Postmaster

soondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud of
I lived near the Philco-Ford plant in Philly when i was younger, alot of my buddies and their parents worked there. Really hurt the area when they closed down.

Pennsylvania Chapter, Home of the Mid Atlantic Meet JOIN US HERE!

Old 08-12-2006, 10:46 AM
Post Fiend

bf250 is a splendid one to beholdbf250 is a splendid one to beholdbf250 is a splendid one to beholdbf250 is a splendid one to beholdbf250 is a splendid one to beholdbf250 is a splendid one to beholdbf250 is a splendid one to behold
ford also designed some guns too.

ford trucks i have previously owned
1972 f250 1989 f250
1995 f350 2004 f250
2006 f250

will get a truck again!
Old 09-16-2006, 10:00 AM
Junior User

dlbelton is starting off with a positive reputation.
I had a Philco-Ford refrigerator. One of the two side by side door models. I can tell you that it was built! that thing weighed a ton and lasted forever. I had to move it times, and nearly killed myself everytime. The last time did it for me, I had to bring it upstairs, and took 4 people and an appliance dolly. After that, when the compressor went out and it was going to cost $500 just to replace the compressor, I decided it was time for a new fridge. The people that installed the new fridge cussed me out the entire time they were carrying the onld one downstairs!! I'm glad I set the fee with them carrying the onld one down BEFORE they did it!
Old 03-18-2011, 03:04 PM
New User

desperatediesease88 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Lightbulb Ford Refrigerator

Ever hear of a Ford Pinto Refrigerator? NO, NOT THE CAR, a REFRIGERATOR. If someone has, let me know. I have a friend who OWNS one, and is looking to sell it. If it isn't worth squat, than he'll just trash it.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:43 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
I would think it would be worth a pretty penny these days purely for nostalgia value - not to mention rarity.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:50 PM
Post Fiend

Talyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud of
GM made products too.

The products generally are higher quality for ford and GM appliances.

And like said earlier, ford designed some guns, as well as many many other things.
He was a very smart man.
1994 F250 XLT 4x4 Standard Cab - T-444E Direct Injection Turbo Diesel, 5 SPD M/T Z/F S5-420, Rosewood 160cc Stage 1's, PHP Tuner, 6637, Short Throw Shift Kit, Valair Kevlar/Ceramic, 140V IDM, T-500, 285/75/16 Cooper Discoverer ATR. Steyr C9-A1.
You can get more with a kind word and a 2x4 than you can with just a kind word.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:17 AM
Senior User

willy3486 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have a old motor on a sander I restored that was a delco 120 volt . They were bought out by GM if I remember. I have a lot of the old philco stuff I need to look into . I got a lot of it from the old repair guys. I started out as a repair tech myself. As far as ford goes back in the old days of wood being used in the car frames Henry Ford had a lot of left over wood scraps. So he wanted to come up with a use of it so he came up with a charcoal kit he sold in model Ts or As if I remember correctly . It is what now is known as the kingsford charcoal company. He sold it out after they quit using wood.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:19 PM
New User

desperatediesease88 is starting off with a positive reputation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philco
Old 03-28-2011, 03:19 PM