Freebees!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 03:41 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Freebees!

Got a call this week from my chemical supplier, He had a 20,000 and a 30,000 gallon INSULATED tanks they no longer need and GAVE them to me!!! All I have to pay for is the shipping. They will be loaded on Monday and on there way to Idaho for the new bio plant. Got another call Fri from a gentleman that bought an old bakery in Washington State that has 3- 20,000 gallon tanks, 2-5,000 gallon tanks, and a 2,500 gallon tank. All vertical cone bottom tanks, with catwalks, stairs, pumps, and valves. ALL FOR FREE!! I must be living right............

FABMANDELUX.

Old 06-24-2006, 06:03 PM
Dave Barbieri
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good for you!! That's super news! Those tanks will really give an immediate boost to the construction side of the project. (And save a considerable chunk of $$$) Man, you're already coming in under budget!

Old 06-24-2006, 06:39 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Dave Barbieri
Good for you!! That's super news! Those tanks will really give an immediate boost to the construction side of the project. (And save a considerable chunk of $$$) Man, you're already coming in under budget!
Thanks, Dave. And the best part is for every $10,000 I come in under budget I get paid $2,000! Contracts are a good thing. Quick update: Building mods are done, steam, Hyd power, hot water, cold water, compressed air, and 3 phase are all in place around the inside of the building. Both Mixers showed up yesterday, tanks should be installed next week. Man these guys don't fool around, we should come in under budget and ahead of schedule. We should be making ASTM Biodiesel in about 8 weeks

FABMANDELUX.

Old 06-24-2006, 08:19 PM
bhiggins
Senior User
Thats awesome fab

i wish you the best of luck with the rest of the project

thanks for you do in spreading your knowlege around

Higgins

Old 06-25-2006, 12:35 AM
woogs
Elder User
I dunno how it works, but if you get publicly traded stock, I'd buy some fast.
-matt

Old 06-25-2006, 09:55 AM
Dave Barbieri
Senior User
Ya know, Fab, you've got the makings of a serious scrounger. Were you ever in the service? (grin)

Old 06-25-2006, 10:44 AM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Ya know, Fab, you've got the makings of a serious scrounger. Were you ever in the service? (grin)
Yep, 6 years,with 2 tours in Nam. scrounging was part of my MOS

Have I got some stories........................................... .

Fabmandelux.

Old 06-25-2006, 12:03 PM
kennedyford
Fleet Mechanic
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are any of these on trailers or flatbed loaded only? Put the cyclone through its first test lastnight. 190 gallons of liquid threw out 50-60 gallons of oil. Needs to settle a little more and repeat. Wiring the heater today then mixin and hopefully first batch. Found and posted hill bros chemicals earlier. 85 cents per pound on the potassium and 80 cents if over 250 lbs. Troy

Old 06-25-2006, 01:30 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by kennedyford
Are any of these on trailers or flatbed loaded only? Put the cyclone through its first test lastnight. 190 gallons of liquid threw out 50-60 gallons of oil. Needs to settle a little more and repeat. Wiring the heater today then mixin and hopefully first batch. Found and posted hill bros chemicals earlier. 85 cents per pound on the potassium and 80 cents if over 250 lbs. Troy
Sorry, Troy. These tanks are LARGE! They have to be hauled on specialized lo-boy's. Are you looking for big tanks? So.................? where are the pics of your hydrocyclone? Specs on your pump, Etc ? Inquiring minds want to know

FABMANDELUX.

Old 06-25-2006, 07:06 PM
kennedyford
Fleet Mechanic
I took pics and video. I will have to find out how to post them here. Im a supporter now. Had too, spend time in Iowa at Monsterbaby and Iowa bills homes. Broke down and now im down again here. So I might as well work on bio and use up all of my old chemicals until they open up on monday.

Old 06-25-2006, 11:00 PM
luvemhot
More Turbo
They will be loaded on Monday and on there way to Idaho for the new bio plant.

Fab dose this mean that you are building a plant in Idaho? If so is there anyway i could see the plant? wnating to start making my own
thanks Keith

Old 06-25-2006, 11:05 PM
kennedyford
Fleet Mechanic
Yeah id like some tanks, id like to get involved more like you. Less time traveling more time home

Old 06-26-2006, 08:54 AM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by luvemhot
They will be loaded on Monday and on there way to Idaho for the new bio plant.

Fab dose this mean that you are building a plant in Idaho? If so is there anyway i could see the plant? wnating to start making my own
thanks Keith
This is a large plant, will start out at 1,500 gal/day, and expand to 6,000 gal/day in the spring of 07. Once it starts we will have an open house for one day to show it off, but it is inside a building away from the public and behind security. I will let everyone know when the open house is going to be.

FABMANDELUX.

Old 06-26-2006, 12:25 PM
Dave Barbieri
Senior User
Originally Posted by fabmandelux
This is a large plant, will start out at 1,500 gal/day, and expand to 6,000 gal/day in the spring of 07. Once it starts we will have an open house for one day to show it off, but it is inside a building away from the public and behind security. I will let everyone know when the open house is going to be.

FABMANDELUX.
Man, I'll take time off to come see that! What a dream come true! You start with the vision that we CAN be energy self-sufficient, then you go to work to turn that dream into reality. Finally, you convince others that the solution IS cost-effective and can happen RIGHT here RIGHT now, and they get behind the vision, too! WHAT A HOOT!!

Old 06-26-2006, 09:53 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Man, I'll take time off to come see that! What a dream come true! You start with the vision that we CAN be energy self-sufficient, then you go to work to turn that dream into reality. Finally, you convince others that the solution IS cost-effective and can happen RIGHT here RIGHT now, and they get behind the vision, too! WHAT A HOOT!!
Thanks Dave! I've worked very hard to get this far. I will post pics as we get things going. This is a great company to work with, they have a good vision of where they want to go. They want me to go to California next month to look over their plant there and do the preliminary planing for another bio plant at that location. Next spring they want me to fly out to Omaha and start the planing for that plant, and the head engineers are in Texas now planing another meat plant for construction in 08! I've also signed a deal with Miller Manufacturing to build a portable 500 gal/day plant that will be for sale to large farms and Co-Ops, Its a joint-venture deal so I will make money on the design work and they will build and sell them.

I think I may lease the farm and do this full time, what do you think?

FABMANDELUX.

Quick Reply: Freebees!