The Next Generation For those ages 15-25.

I got a Misdemeanor

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 04:20 PM
Cuda444
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
18 tickets?! I'm not going to lecture you on why street racing is bad, but I will say this... I hope you aren't planning on a job where you have to drive a company car... That goes for businesses, police, fire, etc. Hell, even some landscaping companies ask about your driving record. A driving record like that will get your application and resume trashed at just about any police station (I'm trying to get a job with one) and I would assume many other careers. Stop being stupid and think about your future. Your actions now really do effect your life down the road and at 18, "down the road" comes a lot faster than you think. I'm 22 and I don't know where the time went.

Tom

Old 07-05-2006, 12:46 PM
pud
Posting Guru
take it to the track. But youre right, street racing shouldnt be worth a misdemeanor, it should be worse. Cut the chit and take some responsibility.

Old 07-05-2006, 12:50 PM
pud
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Cuda444
Stop being stupid and think about your future. Your actions now really do effect your life down the road and at 18, "down the road" comes a lot faster than you think. I'm 22 and I don't know where the time went.

Tom
no kidding, Im 22 also, couldnt agree with you more strongly. Ive got a 3 y/o daughter, a pregnant gf, and a mortgage....I feel like I should be middle aged lol.

Old 07-07-2006, 11:37 AM
76F250Gal
Senior User
Originally Posted by danny_g_76
I have a 89 with the 3.0 mtx. We have bought about 20 of the gen one and gen two SHOs.
Very nice!! Its always cool to hear other people are into them!

Old 07-07-2006, 03:39 PM
pmasley
Lead Driver
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
18 Tickets is nothing to brag about. Actually, I would be quite embarrassed to let other people know that. I have been driving for over 35 years. I may have five. Yes, they were for speeding (above the limit, but not close to reckless).

Since the cop did not actually see you behind the wheel racing, he could not write you the ticket for racing, but he sure could have busted you for the drunk minors with a contrib charge even though you are a minor yourself. You are the operator of the vehicle, therefore responsible for your passengers and their actions.

Due to my job, I see wrecks (note: I did not call it an accident) all the time. Most wrecks are caused by some stupid move by someone not paying attention to the main thing, driving the car. You are driving a one ton or better WMD. You would be suprised at the damage that that vehicle can cause to a human body.

I just investigated a crash involving a promising young athlete. No idea as of yet what happened. He hit the back of a Semi. The Semi was pulling a long hill about 30 miles per hour. The kid hit the back of the truck over 90. Needless to say, he never knew what he hit.

I will admit, yes, I like playing on the highways, but I do it by myself and only on the interstates where I can see for a long distant. I will open up the Taurus or the SD to blow out the carbon, but I am risking no one but myself when I do it. I believe you said that you were 18. 18, know it all, indestructable, Yeah Right! Hit that windshield or airbag at 100 and just see how indestructible you are. Hit a mom and child and kill them and see just how you feel. Or even better than that, drag race your best friend and let something go wrong and kill him and then have to meet his parents stare of "What were you two thinking about when you do that!"

I can imagine what your insurance premium is if you even have it. I still don't understand how you still have a license. In my state, you have a probation license until your are 18 and at 19 it becomes a restricted license until you are 21. One ticket under 18 and they are gone, three under 21 and I believe the same thing happens.

Old 07-07-2006, 03:51 PM
pud
Posting Guru
exactly what he said....^^^^

Old 07-14-2006, 01:42 PM
76F250Gal
Senior User
excellently put pmasley!!!

Old 07-14-2006, 03:04 PM
RangerPilot
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by pimpedrsrage
well really the only place to race is a drag strip but sometimes thats hard to get at.
Exactly. We do the same thing pimpedrsrage does around here. We go out to a road behind the high school, it's marked at an 1/8 and a 1/4 of a mile. It's perfectly straight and flat. We can see from end to end. We'll do it day or night. There are no obstacles and the cops don't bother us. We had one of them race one of the undercover Monte Carlos out there once.

It's about safety. What you did was stupid. Go somewhere where you can at least safely do it. But don't put other's at risk on a "windy" road.

RP
Zach

Old 07-14-2006, 03:06 PM
bf250
Post Fiend
misdameander? heck, they should make it a felony in your case and lock your dumba self up before you kill or seriously hurt someone, oh yes, and not allow you to have a license for 10 years, obviously your not mature enough to handle the responsibility of owning a car, its because of poeple like you my insurance rates go up.

Old 07-14-2006, 04:25 PM
CowboyBilly9Mile
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Here's one way it can end:

http://home.comcast.net/~cbb9m/Cop_C...ruck_Crash.mpg

Imagine what the people in the three vehicles at the intersection as well as the semi driver thought as they watched it all unfold. Just a little something to ponder.

Old 07-15-2006, 07:29 AM
pmasley
Lead Driver
Thumbs down

Cowboy:

That video is about exactly the same thing that happened to me one evening on Highway 17 in North Carolina. I was not being chased, though. I had a NC State Trooper behind me. I was driving a Semi with about 35,000 pounds of steel.

A 17 year old, driving his dad's Mustang, BAC level .21, his girlfriend in the passenger front seat, 16 years old, BAC level .18, and his buddy in the back right seat, 15 years old, BAC level .19.

I was traveling about 50 mph (I saw the cop) and in a blink of an eye, the Mustang came from my right. I did not have time to react. The tractor ran completely over the car and the trailer tires skidded over the car as the trooper hit me, then the car as it came from under my trailer and the trooper hit it. It took the coronor five hours to have the paramedics cut what remained of the three kids out of the car.

The trooper told me that he had planned on stopping me as I had a left trailer tunning light burned out. He had been following me for about six miles. Damn, I wished he had stopped me, maybe the kids would still be alive, or maybe it was just fate, Maybe, I just stopped them before they hit some one else and killed them. I don't know.

I do know that what was a promising career as an over the road driver came to a crashing halt due to a punk *** kid, intoxicated at twice the legal limit then, who decided to show off to his girl and buddy and not only killed himself, but his friends. I know it is sad to see such young lifes taken. The coronor told me the only thing that helped me keep my sanity. They died instantly. He also told me that there was no way that anyone in the car could have survived. I hit the driver's side fender, door and quarter panel. I drove completely through the car, crushing it flat.

The crash report listed the kid as fault for DUI, reckless endangerment and running a stop sign. The reconstruction expert stated that the kid was traveling in excess of 100 miles per hour. The sheriff deputy also cited the trooper for following too closely since he hit me before he hit what was left of the car.

So all of you kids out there that think you are invincible, remember one thing, YOU ARE NOT! As I think about it, if I was in my SD and hit the car the same way, I would have probably killed them.

The other bad result of this crash, was that all the parents decided to sue me, the trucking company and the trooper. They lost, but it cost me over $45,000.00 in unrecoverable defense cost. I don't know what it cost the trucking company or the State of North Carolina to defend the suit. When I countersued to recover my expenses, typically, the owner of the car did not have a pot to **** in nor the door to throw it out of.

So the next time you decide you go out and drink, then you drive your drunk buddies around, remember, you may not only screw up your own life or your buddies life, but the life of some innocent person that wished that they never met you on that road!

Old 07-15-2006, 08:14 PM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
You most certainly had that ticket coming. Obviously you are too irresponsible to handle driving a motor vehicle if you're pulling stunts like that. I hope to god you don't get someone killed.

Old 07-17-2006, 09:41 AM
danny_g_76
Senior User
first of all i was not drinking i dont drink. but i do relize what you guys are saying. I got rid of that car allready. the 18 tickets were mostly for inspection loud exaust things like that. I have never gotten a speeding ticket. only a following to close and a falure to abay a trafic divce that gave me points. the falure to obay a trafic device was what the officer reduced the race ticket to. so i dont have that crazsy of a driving record. I think speeding on high trafic roads is worse then racing down a back road that is never used. I am not trying to say i was right however. I agree it was dumb. there could have been some one on the road and It could have been horible. thanks dan

Old 07-17-2006, 10:41 AM
pmasley
Lead Driver
Danny, I apologize if I misread your post. It appeared that you were drinking also.

Just remember, if you are going to play, do it by yourself!

Old 07-19-2006, 06:23 PM
Cuda444
Elder User
If pmasley's story didn't hit home, I dunno what will. It is so sad to see such young lives taken away for such a stupid reason. It happens way too often. Keep your heads on straight, people... It's not worth it.

Tom

Quick Reply: I got a Misdemeanor