Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > New Jersey Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

New Jersey Chapter Join Chapter Leader: sddesigns

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-20-2006, 08:06 PM
Senior User

GeoDaddy is starting off with a positive reputation.
Need a Tune-up, or Fuel Injector, or ? ? ?

My Big Black F250, Full Cab, Longbed... I

Have reached a fuzzy point in our relationship. In the last couple of days, it feels kinda sluggish starting up, idling high, sounds like some straining of some mechanical function... until it falls into the next gear.

Only variable that I can think of is the A/C which I am using for the 1st time on this 1999 truck with 230,000 miles.

It kinda feels like it did last March - just before the Water Pump blew.

The only other feeling that I can recall was a couple of years ago when the fellow I bought it from (and I) were driving across country and two Fuel Injectors had to be replaced... but I was too unfamilar with "trucks" to be able to notice any sound... but my friends did.

Sounds like a visit to the Ford Dealership for another skinning???

Thanx

g
Old 06-21-2006, 09:55 AM
Post Fiend

frederic is a name known to allfrederic is a name known to allfrederic is a name known to allfrederic is a name known to allfrederic is a name known to allfrederic is a name known to all
What year? What engine? What code number on the driver's door jam?

The first thing I would do, instead of guessing or taking it to the dealership for a prompt raping, is to borrow a code scanner and pull out the codes out of the EEC. Generally when things go awry, the computer in your truck knows about it, and tries to compensate. It can compensate for a while, then you'll start to feel/see/observe symptoms.

If you don't have access to a code scanner, and have a check engine light (or a volt meter, or a 12V test light), you can wire it up like so at the top of this page, then pull codes doing a Key-on, key-off test.

http://frederic.midimonkey.com/f350-eec.html
Old 06-21-2006, 07:22 PM
Senior User

GeoDaddy is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hmmm... that's some advice. Let me digest it. It's '99 Ford F250 with the V8 Power Stroke. I'll have to check the bar code on the driver's side door.

No warning lights are on.

I don't have a scanner. Are these available/expensive?

I'll let you know when I get a chance to check out this bar code thingy.

Thanx!

g
Old 03-03-2007, 01:39 PM
Elder User

matts156 is starting off with a positive reputation.
The PowerStrokes have a camshaft position sensor that can really screw with the engine's running quality when they start to go south.
Old 03-03-2007, 02:14 PM

tjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputation
yup, what matts said. sounds like a cam position sensor. where are you at?? if you ain't to far, i have a scanner and Will read it for ya.

if you join the jersey chapter first.

rarely in life do you meet a person that will drop everything to help a stranger,
and give the shirt off his back to a friend.
Steve Price was that kind of person.
Godspeed "window licker", the short bus will never be the same with you gone.
Old 03-03-2007, 02:14 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > New Jersey Chapter

Tags
2006, 250, 73, 93, dealership, engine, f350, ford, fuel, injection, injector, powerstroke, scanners, truck, tune, tuneup